FG Spreadshirt Swag

New to starting out on table top games

Hi, Fantasy grounds, I'm actually quite a big noob in playing table top games. Though I've read quite a few books in the dungeons and dragons settting plus also warhammer as well. Thats another TTG that I would like to get into as well. Can anyone recommend what games I should try first and any preferences as well.

Cheers Steven

What computer role playing games have you played (and enjoyed - and not enjoyed?

Blog Entries
    Hi stev1rob you should look for GMs advertising games here and on discord and if they fit your availability apply to join.
    There are way more players than GMs so persist at it.

Welcome to the community. Fantasy grounds is a terrific vtt to engage our hobby with online. It depends on what type of game you’re into (ie sci-fi fantasy) and what style you like when you play (ie heavy role play or engaging combat)

5e is likely the easiest or among the easiest systems to learn.

Pathfinder has a steeper learning curve but a much better (imo) combat system.

But I agree with damned overall search for a game listing over in the LFG board (part of these forums) . The best way to learn and find out what you like — just jump in and play.

The RPG's that I play on the computer the now are LOTRO and Neverwinter plus was a heavy player when Star Wars Galaxies was on the go and still jump onto that through the emulator from time to time. I'm into both Sci-fi and fantasy genres as that's my two favourite genres. Think I'll try twhat damned suggested and just jump in and try something lol. Thanks All for the tips, ):

Thread Information