STAR TREK 2d20

Header Alignment in Client Combat Tracker

Hi all,

I have been trying to adjust the position of column titles in the Combat Tracker for the Client view but cannot seem to make anything work.

The attached jpg shows my issue. The left hand screen is the client and the right hand screen is the host. The host Combat tracker is fine, no changes needed.

For the client I need to shift the position of 'Name' to the left so it doesn't overwrite the other headers. I also need to move 'Order' to the right.

I have looked at various files to try and work out what to change but to no avail. The files I have looked at are:

ct_client.xml
    template-ct.xml

I have looked at the files within my extension (attached) as well as those from MoreCore.

Can anyone provide guidance on what I need to change?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know nothing about morecore - but corerpg code I know you need to be very careful about anchor points.

The client CT is a different file which you would have to manage separately from the host...example is for an actual ct_entry but you should get the idea for the higher level windowclass your looking at - in the same file.

ct_client.xml
    Code:
    <root>
    	<windowclass name="client_ct_entry" merge="join">
                YOUR STUFF
    	</windowclass>
    </root>
    Where you really need to look closely at the original base windowclass to know where to put things - insertbefore, insertafter, and that sort of thing as position can be very critical to these things sometimes - also what the anchor point is based on. Hope that helps - but I know zip about morecore.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 7th, 2021 at 15:54.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The file you need to look in is ct_client.xml.

Compare this to the standard ct_client.xml from MoreCore:
    1) You have different code commented/uncommented for the name="label_init" control.
    2) You have two controls with name="label_name" - only use one.

I suggest you make these sections use the same as the client_ct.xml file from base MoreCore.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe

Thanks for the info.

I have resolved my issue. It was a very simple fix and something I should have checked earlier.

It turns out the changes I was doing would have worked if only I had made sure the ct_client.xml file was in the extension.xml filer as an Includefile. Once this was done, my changes were implemented.

Sorry to trouble you all on a trivial matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi Trenloe

Thanks for the info.

I have resolved my issue. It was a very simple fix and something I should have checked earlier.

It turns out the changes I was doing would have worked if only I had made sure the ct_client.xml file was in the extension.xml filer as an Includefile. Once this was done, my changes were implemented.

Sorry to trouble you all on a trivial matter.
    Been there, done that.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    It turns out the changes I was doing would have worked if only I had made sure the ct_client.xml file was in the extension.xml filer as an Includefile.
    That's like a right of passage when mucking about in FG code. For some of us, it takes multiple times before we learn our lesson.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information