DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Exclamation Calling All Fantasy Grounds DMs - Sign up to Run D&D AL at GaryCon TODAY

Fantasy Grounds is putting out the Call for Dungeon Masters for GaryCon's D&D Adventurers League!

As a Garycon sponsor this year, we would love more DMs to help represent the joy of gaming with Fantasy Grounds while running games for D&D Adventurers League (Wizard of the Coast's Official Organized Play Campaign).

All Fantasy Grounds AL DMs will receive a Thank-You Reward from Fantasy Grounds and all GaryCon badges come with additional Digital Goodies including a 3 month Ultimate License for FG Unity! DM Trainings and other resources will also be made available leading up to the con

Fantasy Grounds partner Jasper's Game day will also be providing Rerolls, AL certs, and hosting tables of their new adventure at GaryCon this year.
    Make great memories, meet new friends, and enjoy days of digital gaming with Fantasy Grounds.

Long URL Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Certainly looks like it ... Not sure how that is going to attract GMs for a virtual convention.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It seems you have to buy a badge ($20 and up) to run a session at GaryCon?
    Yes, Viv confirmed that on Reddit.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Certainly looks like it ... Not sure how that is going to attract GMs for a virtual convention.
    That's a fair criticism - but it's important to point out a badge for GaryCon gives you access to the WHOLE convention - not just the AL games. You can participate in other events, play, etc. AL is just one portion of it (the portion I am dealing with and with which I've included additional rewards on top of what comes with the badge as listed in the link)

I also listed some of the stuff you receive for purchasing a badge in GaryCon in the link thanks to Fantasy grounds being one of the sponsors - 3 months of a Unity Subscription for example along with other things.

If you look at it as buying a badge to run a game for a specific event (AL) - it may not be worth it for you.

If you look at it as buying a badge to participate in a multi-day convention, receive a digital goodie bag including items that typically cost more than $20, and receive additional rewards (also listed in the link) for specifically running at least one Adventurers League game at the event, and hopefully help grow the FG community at conventions - then you'll probably see more value in it.
    Last edited by viviolay; February 7th, 2021 at 21:41.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

[...]hopefully help grow the FG community at conventions
    This! FG is regularly outnumbered at online events by its competitors 10 to 1.

There will be other AL DM's who are paying to run their games using Roll20, Foundry, Zoom, etc. At least SmiteWorks is providing small incentives to their community members for participating in Viviolay's program.

Blog Entries
    You should allow people to DM games without a badge IMO (or provide a discount).

The $50 badge gets us the Trouble at Loch Jineeva tournament module... which is nice. But requiring people to pay $20 or $50 if all they want to do is provide their time services and expertise in FG to run a game for people... IMO that's a head scratcher.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

It's GaryCons decision to make the DM’s pay, not SmiteWorks. Viviolay is just providing awareness and incentives to offset the cost incurred to participate as a AL DM at the convention.
    Last edited by GregRex; February 9th, 2021 at 14:46.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    It's GaryCons decision to make the DM’s pay, not SmiteWorks. Viviolay is just providing awareness and incentives to offset the cost incurred to participate as a AL DM at the convention.
    I understand all that; at the same time, feedback is important one hopes.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You should allow people to DM games without a badge IMO (or provide a discount).
    Sorry about that John, the directness of the quote seemed to me to be directed at the OP as if she were in control of the pricing model. I was probably overreacting and misinterpreted your intent.
    Last edited by GregRex; February 9th, 2021 at 17:55.

Thread Information