FG Spreadshirt Swag

Updating is super slow

Can anyone tell me why running an update or new install of Classic takes 2 hours? Its always the same place. Fricken princes of the apocalypse takes FOREVER to download. I really wish there was a skip button or a way to unbuy it. This isn't a new thing it has been the bane of my FG experience for over 2-3+ years. Over that time I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, reinstalled Windows 10, run it on gigabit wire, run it on 5G wireless, 2.4g wireless, run on 3 different computers the latest of which is an ASUS ROG gaming laptop.

Does nobody else have this problem? Is there a corruption on my account? I own unity, but I hate it (so 'switch to unity' comments not wanted). I just want my classic to work.

Thanks!

I don't have that problem at all; and I update the entire FG DLC catalog about once a week.

Try deleting the WOTC5EPOTA.dat in your FG data folder under the vault subfolder before your next update. It should not be updating unless there have been changes reported in the City Hall forum. Perhaps you have a file permission issue?

Also, I only have a really long download like that if I update the entire catalog; so I don't think it's something that most users are seeing. Perhaps review your security software installed on your machine, and the security settings on your Internet router. Maybe there is something that is trying to "inspect" incoming files, or something else...

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raif11152 View Post
    I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, reinstalled Windows 10, run it on gigabit wire, run it on 5G wireless, 2.4g wireless, run on 3 different computers the latest of which is an ASUS ROG gaming laptop.
    Check your Router security settings and see if there is anything that can be turned down/off.
    Otherwise if you have access to a VPN try updating on the VPN and see if you get the same result.

Thanks for the attempt. Since i've started using fantasy grounds, i've probably had about 4 or 5 different routers over the years. Even if I run the thing in DMZ it still happens.

This would have been taken care of the multiple times I've formatted my drives or the different computers i've used.

Blog Entries
    You are with Comcast and they run a bunch of security filtering on many users connections. There is a thread that talks about some of this.
    Also did you have an opportunity to test it on a VPN?

Thread Information