FG Spreadshirt Swag

2021-02 Ruleset Updates. How to revert back to old version after this update

Hi
    With this new ruleset update is seems like several extensions might be broken, and for the extensions I will use they might not be updated for a while. We plan on not updating fantasy grounds until these extensions are updated, but I worry that one of my players will at some point accidentaly update. I get the impression that there is no revert to version x button, but can we copy some files now and overrite them later if we accidentally update?
    We are on unity.

Can I now make a backup of the vault and rulesets folder in C:\Users\"myUser"\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\(vault/rulesets), place it somewhere safe, and if I accidentally update I can just overrite these folders with my backup folders?
    Is this possible?
    Do I need both folders, none of them, one of them?
    Do I need any other folders?

I also assume that these folder are non user specific, meaning if one of my players accidentally updates I can give them my backup folders and they can revert to old version?

No, you can't revert an update. You could I suppose copy the installation folder and run it from the copy but that's fraught with danger.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Hi
    With this new ruleset update is seems like several extensions might be broken, and for the extensions I will use they might not be updated for a while. We plan on not updating fantasy grounds until these extensions are updated, but I worry that one of my players will at some point accidentaly update. I get the impression that there is no revert to version x button, but can we copy some files now and overrite them later if we accidentally update?
    We are on unity.

Can I now make a backup of the vault and rulesets folder in C:\Users\"myUser"\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\(vault/rulesets), place it somewhere safe, and if I accidentally update I can just overrite these folders with my backup folders?
    Is this possible?
    Do I need both folders, none of them, one of them?
    Do I need any other folders?

I also assume that these folder are non user specific, meaning if one of my players accidentally updates I can give them my backup folders and they can revert to old version?
    Also some extensions may not ever be updated (no longer maintained), plus the lighting stuff will be coming on line soon. You will NOT be able to use it without an update. EXTENSIONS = RISK as you know. I'd not withhold an update simply because your used to using an extension. I'd do it the other way around - turn off the extensions until they are ready. Because one thing for sure - I'm not missing out on lighting for some (slow/to never) extension update! IMHO
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Also some extensions may not ever be updated (no longer maintained), plus the lighting stuff will be coming on line soon. You will NOT be able to use it without an update. EXTENSIONS = RISK as you know. I'd not withhold an update simply because your used to using an extension. I'd do it the other way around - turn off the extensions until they are ready. Because one thing for sure - I'm not missing out on lighting for some (slow/to never) extension update! IMHO
    I have been looking forward to the lightning update for a long time, that is why I am very sad to have to do this. There are a couple of extensions that we use that lets us automate much more than "vanilla". And with level 17 players with 2-4 mythic tiers, and some complex classes, there is no way we can play without two of the extensions we are using without slowing down the game to much.

It does not sound like there are any other good options other than hope that we dont accidentally update then.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I have been looking forward to the lightning update for a long time, that is why I am very sad to have to do this. There are a couple of extensions that we use that lets us automate much more than "vanilla". And with level 17 players with 2-4 mythic tiers, and some complex classes, there is no way we can play without two of the extensions we are using without slowing down the game to much.

It does not sound like there are any other good options other than hope that we dont accidentally update then.
    You can always locally update those extensions on your machine yourself. The changes are not drastic - PLUS you may get lucky and nobody is calling the ActorManager2 functions! Most things are deprecated so you'll be safe even after the update for at least a while. My extensions were not so lucky so I've already got the TEST server running and fixed what needed fixing. I'll probably update the optional deprecated functions also. But as long as you don't give them out or try to sell them you can absolutely modify extensions for your personal use.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Please reach out to the developers of any extensions you use; and make sure they are aware of the coming changes.

Regards,
    JPG

In that case it might be partially about extensions from me because I know Svandal as a user from my extensions

I know about the coming changes, but I am so loaded with stuff right now aside FG, which is why I notified my users that they may need to stop using my extensions for a while, or try to avoid updating. I do not know yet, when I can update the extensions, I hope somewhen in March when everything goes well (but could maybe even take more time)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    In that case it might be partially about extensions from me because I know Svandal as a user from my extensions

I know about the coming changes, but I am so loaded with stuff right now aside FG, which is why I notified my users that they may need to stop using my extensions for a while, or try to avoid updating. I do not know yet, when I can update the extensions, I hope somewhen in March when everything goes well (but could maybe even take more time)
    Yes that is correct. It is your extension and bmos. Both of you know about this, and both of you have informed us. That is why I was trying to find a way to make a security backup of the old version.

Worst case scenario we would just start a new campaign for a couple of months. Not the worst thing that could happen

Thread Information