5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I think it helps to have some steps of reproducing that:

1. Start any campaign, in my case 5e
    2. Select Elvish as language at the chat (any language should do of course)
    3. Go to the settings and add a new language, I added "Atest"
    4. Click on the language selection again
    5. Observe that Elvish is suddenly not selected anymore as if one never has selected anything. The list does therefore also not show the active one

I think that is it, or I misunderstand what you were saying
    Probably? Not tried that actually. I figure I may just bite the bullet and fix combobox myself. It should be fairly straight forward to make sure any update to the list (including the initial adding in to the list) has a select index matching the active value if any. That's what the old version did and we should not lose functionality in the update.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Actually, I can see combobox in TEST is not working at all like it used to. I select and item - come back out session - come into session - item entry is there. Then I pull down menu and it immediately wipes out the entry (which is why its blank). That's a bug - no quibbles about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @lule,
    Thanks for finding that issue with the resetPosition. There was an internal hookup missing in FGC; I'll push a hot fix on Tuesday.
    If you move the window from the default position, then it will be in that position on the next load. You can reset via the right click menu for now, until the reset button is fixed. It will reset to whatever is defined for the ruleset/extensions you are currently using.
    The function resetPosition is now working properly (via button & radial menu). Thank you. The Problem, that it does not use the defined anchor on the first start of a campaign is still there.

Feature request:

Could you please insert a function setDochitemSizeAndSpacing(diw, dih, sw, sh)?

New dockitem are good, especially that the can easily be translated. But they are very small in hight: 30px. Higher dock items could display larger fonts. Therefore, these would be easier to read, we are all getting on in years and our eyes are getting worse.

With such a function one can modify the desktop_dockitem template and can get also two lines of text and much more.

Blog Entries
    Is this the proper position for the tools in the image toolbar?
    Untitled.png

[EDIT] Seemed to fill in okay when I dropped a token from the Combat Tracker on to the map. But having it anchored on the right seems kinda wonky!
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 11th, 2021 at 22:35.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Is this the proper position for the tools in the image toolbar?
    7th bullet point down: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post576329
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Aargh!! Sorry. I will try to read and understand the release notes more thoroughly.

@SilentRuin,
    The problem I'm having is that I'm not really following what is not working right for you, and you haven't given me an exact reproduceable case with the default rulesets or a simple extension. I can reproduce the scenario that Kelrugem pointed; so I'll work on that.

@lule,
    Increasing the space means that the buttons will start to overlap each other, since they are deliberately limited to a single column now. Especially for rulesets that have a lot of buttons (like Starfinder). Plus, I don't want to use the same function; since the buttons are very different and themes need to be adjusted. I might add a different helper function for that.

Regards,
    JPG

I checked in a change to fix the issue Kelrugem reported. When the language list is edited, the language selection will be cleared.

Also, I add a helper function for DesktopManager.setDockButtonSizeAndPadding(iw, ih, sh)

@SilentRuin, if you want me to look at combobox further, I need a simple reproduceable test case in CoreRPG (either within the current speaker/language fields; or via a simple extension). Please be as brief as possible. I'm running in a bunch of different directions helping people; so it needs to be succinct or I won't have time to parse what you're trying to say.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I checked in a change to fix the issue Kelrugem reported. When the language list is edited, the language selection will be cleared.

Also, I add a helper function for DesktopManager.setDockButtonSizeAndPadding(iw, ih, sh)

@SilentRuin, if you want me to look at combobox further, I need a simple reproduceable test case in CoreRPG (either within the current speaker/language fields; or via a simple extension). Please be as brief as possible. I'm running in a bunch of different directions helping people; so it needs to be succinct or I won't have time to parse what you're trying to say.

Regards,
    JPG
    I guess I can do that easy enough. One combobox field with no logic and a few hardcoded entries in a manager's oninit will do it. Just come up - click on field choose one. Exit session. Come back in session. Entry should still be in field - click on it - no bolded text until you choose it again. Will get it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thread Information