STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Issues - Beta Release - 2021-02 Ruleset Updates

Tricky. The thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...uleset-Updates says any issues to post into that thread. Which is closed. Hence, I'm making my own.

I switched to my test channel and updated - but did not notice it wiped out my license key. Took me a while to actually register the big message saying Network could not be used with free version at bottom of app startup page.

Page 1 in above thread, I found in addition to copying my campaign and extension folder content I also had to copy my token folder content or you can end up with red question marks on your map if you use any global ones.

I tried all 7 of my extensions without changing anything to see how well the deprecated code worked without replacing it. Everything seemed to work fine unless I encountered a call to ActorManager2 in which case it complained about it being nil and dropped dead. I saw in my last referenced post where it was mentioned...

** ActorManager2.getPercentWounded -> ActorManager2.getWoundPercent / ActorManager2.getHealthStatus
    ** ActorManager2.getWoundColor -> ActorManager2.getHealthColor
    ** ActorManager2.getWoundBarColor -> ActorManager2.getHealthBarColor

So I'm not sure what is going on with those. But whatever it is something in the REQUIRED section needs to be updated about it. Not sure what yet.

That's all I've got for now. Except for the ActorManager2 being nil everywhere it seems the deprecated code still has everything else working for me.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Super tricksy.

base.xml in 5E
    Code:
    	<script name="ActorManager2" file="scripts/manager_actor2.lua" />
    was outright removed and changed to

Code:
    	<script name="ActorManager5E" file="scripts/manager_actor_5E.lua" />
    With no deprecated version - outright BOOM. Think that should be in required section of your other post.

Technically, it's only required for extensions, and that post was targeted at ruleset developers originally.

For extensions targeting specific rulesets that use ActorManager, that substitution (ActorManager2 -> ActorManager<System>) should probably fix almost all extension issues. If extensions do not use ActorManager, they are probably unaffected by that change.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Technically, it's only required for extensions, and that post was targeted at ruleset developers originally.

For extensions targeting specific rulesets that use ActorManager, that substitution (ActorManager2 -> ActorManager<System>) should probably fix almost all extension issues. If extensions do not use ActorManager, they are probably unaffected by that change.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah that's well hidden in your post. Especially with the specific ActorManager2 -> ActorManager2 references in there.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 5th, 2021 at 19:24.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ok, I've replaced all ActorManager2 with calls to ActorManager5E (my extensions that used this were all 5E) and replaced .getPercentWounded2 with getWoundPercent, trimming the first arg off when there were two. Everything seems to be fully functional now in my extensions on TEST. Some point later I'll start replacing all my .isHost and .isLocal calls while looking into replacing the actor logic with the new stuff.

Question: what is the benefit of replacing User.isHost/.isLocal with Session? And will the documents be updated with any API changes?

It's faster. A simple variable lookup on an existing package variable (i.e. Session.IsHost) is faster than an API function call that has to transition between script/app boundaries (i.e. User.isHost()).

For that specific change, I just do a full file search and replace, since it's a drop-in replacement.
    User.isHost() -> Session.IsHost
    User.isLocal() -> Session.IsLocal

Regards,
    JPG

It's faster. A simple variable lookup on an existing package variable (i.e. Session.IsHost) is faster than an API function call that has to transition between script/app boundaries (i.e. User.isHost()).

For that specific change, I just do a full file search and replace, since it's a drop-in replacement.
    User.isHost() -> Session.IsHost
    User.isLocal() -> Session.IsLocal

Regards,
    JPG
    Done - thanks.

I had copied the combobox.lua stuff (because it was an evil template so could not use super calls) and now it appears to work except I can't see any entries. They are there and clickable but are not something I can see on the screen even though room has been made for them in the drop down box. I did a diff to see what changes had been made and the entire comparison showed every single line had changed because _ had been added into most things making a comparison useless. I'd like to know what actually changed before I try to reimplement the changes I required for properly managing subwindows. Worst case I'll have to copy and figure out how to rewrite my changes but I'm hoping I can get an explanation on what changed and why so I can have an understanding of the new code without going line by line (see comparison now fails due to _ additions to all names).

Also I see all the subwindows I've added in for things are no longer there. Need a tutorial on what happened there so I can get them back to working. This would be resizing subwindows to fit things in character sheets and then resizing those subwindows again to remove them.

Ugh and the new combobox by itself will no longer bold the current selected item.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 7th, 2021 at 06:11.

The combobox was mostly rewritten to clean it up; as well as provide a version with delete buttons to support the speaker combo box.

Regards,
    JPG

If you don't want to use the existing template, you can rename yours to something else to be used for your specific combo box scenarios. I wouldn't override the default; since that is used for languages and speakers in the chat window.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information