5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Sure, but maybe the Sanity and Honor extension already does what you want?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nity-amp-Honor
    That adds sanity as a ability score, I was hoping to add it more as a pool, like hp. That way I could add a sanity damage type that certain attacks could do and drain the sanity pool.

Blog Entries
    Got it.
    In that case you would have to write an extension. You can use it to learn how to add a value to a character that is tracked. Then you can also see how they use it to add that attribute to a character sheet and to the combat tracker (several versions of the extension are in that thread and the threads that thread links too). There really isn't a difference int he data base between an ability score and a hit point value. Both are integers

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, this sadly requires a bigger extensions This tutorial extension is just for adding new data to existing ones, while your HP stuff needs new functionality and so on

I followed all of the instructions, and have the extension in my folder. But it doesnt populate as an extension in the "load game" window nor one I see later.

It just occurred to me though, that this is likely for unity as opposed to classic?

--

I guess I wasnt zipping on the correct layer, because its working now.

But, it does pop up a lua script error when i load my campaign. It still works though
    Last edited by GlassGEO; September 18th, 2021 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassGEO View Post
    I followed all of the instructions, and have the extension in my folder. But it doesnt populate as an extension in the "load game" window nor one I see later.

It just occurred to me though, that this is likely for unity as opposed to classic?

--

I guess I wasnt zipping on the correct layer, because its working now.

But, it does pop up a lua script error when i load my campaign. It still works though
    Yes, indeed, it should work for FG classic, too

What type of lua error do you get? If you want, you can upload your version here, and I take a look

I'm trying to use this for Dark Sun, with damage types of metal, bone, stone, obsidian, wood. I want some creatures to have immunity to everything but metal.

If I put, "bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmetal attacks", using weapons with only the metal tag works. However, if a weapon "slashing, metal" it does 0 damage. I think I need something like "magic" for "metal" to overcome immunities?

I tried to use the 3e inserts of energytype and basicdmgtypes, but those don't seem to do anything.

Any idea about what I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    I'm trying to use this for Dark Sun, with damage types of metal, bone, stone, obsidian, wood. I want some creatures to have immunity to everything but metal.

If I put, "bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmetal attacks", using weapons with only the metal tag works. However, if a weapon "slashing, metal" it does 0 damage. I think I need something like "magic" for "metal" to overcome immunities?

I tried to use the 3e inserts of energytype and basicdmgtypes, but those don't seem to do anything.

Any idea about what I need to do?
    The 3.5e/PF1 groups of such damage types are sadly only for these rulesets, there is nothing like this in the current 5e code sadly

As far as I know the 5e code only allows magic as exception (plus some other damage type, I think). So, these exceptions are hard-coded. To allow other damage types for the parsers etc. as exception, one needs a more elaborated extension (not that difficult actually, but someone needs to do and maintain it )

That's what I was afraid of, but thanks for confirming.

ignore... wrong forum
    Last edited by Morenu; April 17th, 2022 at 22:18.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information