Starfinder Playlist

Accessible LOS walls layer in Module Maps so we can change the image

I'm currently running Dungeon of the Mad Mage. The map for which is frustratingly low quality black and white. There are lots of good quality community version of the maps out there but I can't swap them in because the maps is locked.

I recognise the modules need to be locked and encrypted to protect the Wizards of the Coast copyright but I wonder if it would be possible for Smite Works to release the LOS layers separately and unlocked. It is redoing the LOS Walls that is the big piece of work that means I can't do my own tailored maps?

As an alternative a feature that allowed the Image layer to be replaced in module maps (again this would not breach the copywrite or open the module up to piracy) would be a great and relatively easy thing to implement

Thoughts?

Welcome Lightshock,

Copy the map, by dragging the link out of the image panel and back into the image panel. The copied map can easily be edited.

Import your new map into your campaign and open it. Unlock it and select layers. Then find the same map in Dungeon of the Mad Mage in Assets and drag it onto your new map to create a new layer. You'll probably need to resize your new map to be the same size as the DotMM map. Once they are lined up hide the DotMM map layer. You'll then have the LoS on your imported map (as well as all the pins etc as well).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you both - just come to do the next level and both ideas worked

Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread but I have the exact same issue.

I have tried your solution, but when I hide the DotMM layer, all the LoS and pins become hidden as well: am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Probably. Can you post a screenshot of the side panel.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do you mean this part?

If that's the part you mean, the "official" layer with LoS is the "Level-6-Players.jpg", but if I select "Invisible" (by clicking on the eye icon) the LoS elements disappear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Instead of making the map invisible try selecting the original map in the layers menu and turn down the Alpha channel to nothing. (I don't have another DotMM map but you can see the idea from the screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

It works, thanks for the advice.

Btw, it also works by adding the new layer to the original map (without having to create a new one) so you can avoid losing the feature that automatically adds monsters to the map when you add them to the t

Thread Information