FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 18 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by readymeal View Post
    I just submitted one...and started another one... Some others might be in the work, i don t know that information.

obviously some people are more interested by rulebooks than adventures...interesting. Let me look into them as i don t know them personally.
    I suppose you can't devolge in which one that is?

Like John said, it s not that hard really, it s just very time consuming and depends if it contains, pregen, high level NPCs, unique monsters, complex maps to recreate (the originals are not very VTT friendly and requires some serious editing to remove numbers, secret doors etc), special objects or mundane objects not in the PHB or DMG, if converting these books, you also need to know how to create skills, spells, races, classes, kits and have some knowledge of some automations. You can always have a look at the ones already made (if you own any of the player's handbooks), copy them and make some adjustments as required.

First have access to a good PDF (to limit typo)
    Copy past the content in a word/text editor software
    Correct typo, delete extra lines etc...
    For these books creates associated races and kits.
    Export ...voila (somehow)
    So I did a bit of this back in the Classic days, it was a lot of trial by error. I seem to remember specific tools were recommended? For example I can't remember the word/text editor used..

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural 20 View Post
    I suppose you can't devolge in which one that is?
    well i like to alternate basic and advanced, finish series, plug the gaps of series and then continue chronologically.
    I tend to give some obvious hint on Discord. My last one was something like i handed over the last of the underwater series.

I started a Basic adventure but for my next one i am assessing my options for an advance module. Obviously there is a demand for some more resource books.

I checked Of chips and Sea, however it s mostly text, rules (which can t be automated in the ruleset) etc... nothing really adding to FGU. I don t see many benefits to convert it for FGU over just opening the book or read the PDF. Very much like why no campaign box sets or other splat books have been converted. I mean i have nothing against it but there are other books which bring additional spells, races, classes, kits etc which can be more useful and adds value to play in a VTT.

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural 20 View Post
    So I did a bit of this back in the Classic days, it was a lot of trial by error. I seem to remember specific tools were recommended? For example I can't remember the word/text editor used..
    I would recommend Celestian Author's module.

Thank you! I am learning lots from you

Of ships and Sea is really for the collection, if you don't mind what I'm searching, it's obviously that the pdf itself is good enough, but I need the full ruleset of AD&D books in my FGU Library, that is, thanks :-) In some case the Images and the Tables will be useful for show to my players, I'm right? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lothur View Post
    Of ships and Sea is really for the collection, if you don't mind what I'm searching, it's obviously that the pdf itself is good enough, but I need the full ruleset of AD&D books in my FGU Library, that is, thanks :-) In some case the Images and the Tables will be useful for show to my players, I'm right? :-)
    Don t get me wrong, I would love to be able to convert every books...but it s just like many other books out there, they have limited benefits and it can be very time consuming to convert them to FGU. My spare time has to be spent wisely.

Don t get me wrong, I would love to be able to convert every books...but it s just like many other books out there, they have limited benefits and it can be very time consuming to convert them to FGU. My spare time has to be spent wisely.
    If you don't mind me asking, do you know if the community devs that convert the old AD&D modules to FGU receive any kind of monetary compensation for their work?

I have just another question: what is the state of this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthr...paign_setting)

Is there a chance to see in FGU at least the core rulebooks of this magnificent TSR's campaign setting of AD&D era?

Blog Entries
    The WoTC are very specific about what campaign settings are allowed to be converted. I dont think that is on the list (I could be wrong).

Thread Information