DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

Future AD&D conversions

Good Day Everyone,

as you may know all AD&D official modules available for sell in the FG shop are made by community developers. Some modules are work in progress, some are being reviewed by the FG staff and some have been on the back burner for months (don t ask who does what cause nobody really knowns).

Anyway, I thought I would put some feelers out, what does the AD&D community really wants to be converted? What are your needs as a player and/or DM?

Obviously there are restrictions in settings development (DL product are not allowed at the moment as far as I know) and porting some box set and accessory products might not add much value to a VTT gameplay or the additional rules etc might be incompatible with the current ruleset.

However if you don t ask...

https://www.tsrarchive.com/add/add.html this is a list of product

Cheers,

I3 to I5 please!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I3 to I5 please!
    Ah... the Desert of Desolation.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Wizards Spell Compendium 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Every Monstrous Manual.
    I know some are in the work, don t think we are allowed to convert all MCs (due to 5E being stuck with FR...), however a way around could be to convert the Monster Compendium Annuals... Do you volunteer? you know the deal with me, happy to do the grunt work if you do the effect coding

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I3 to I5 please!
    Interestingly I3, I4 and I5 are all 32 pages each but I3-I5 has 128???? I can have a better look when i am done with what i am doing at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Mewldoom View Post
    Wizards Spell Compendium ��
    which one ha!

Blog Entries
    Desert of Desolation really added a lot of adventure around the initial I3 I4 and I5 modules.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I3 to I5 (or Desert of desolation) would be a really nice adventure.
    But I'd personally prefer settings given the store lacks them: Maztica, the horde, Kara-tur, Al Quadim,Ravenloft etc (given we can have just FR and Ravenloft).
    Or, if we talk about crunch books: spells compendium, Item compendium, player option series, Dragon mountain, Tale of the comet (yeah it's an adventure but it add sci fi stuff). Maybe even an official OSRIC extension/ruleset to play AD&D 1ed (do not know if it's possible).

Basically IMO now AD&D is missing stuff to spark DM creativity, we already have a lot of adventures.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

I wish that all "classic" settings would be available for conversion to FG. There was a poll on that some time ago and i can only hope that something comes out of it.

I´ve already sunken my teeth in some juicy pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    I3 to I5 (or Desert of desolation) would be a really nice adventure.
    But I'd personally prefer settings given the store lacks them: Maztica, the horde, Kara-tur, Al Quadim,Ravenloft etc (given we can have just FR and Ravenloft).
    Or, if we talk about crunch books: spells compendium, Item compendium, player option series, Dragon mountain, Tale of the comet (yeah it's an adventure but it add sci fi stuff). Maybe even an official OSRIC extension/ruleset to play AD&D 1ed (do not know if it's possible).

Basically IMO now AD&D is missing stuff to spark DM creativity, we already have a lot of adventures.
    Unless someone shows up with a huge motivation to write an OSRIC ruleset, the closest you'll get is probably Celestian's extension and my mod for it.

Celestian's extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-1e-Extention
    My OSRIC mod (and that has a link to AlterZwerg's with magic items too): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...6&d=1611343327

Those honestly get you most of the way there.

Thread Information