FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 18 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    I'd love to see more adventures converted. I already have most of the sourcebook hard copies, and it's easy enough to pick stuff out of them to use in FG without a digital release.

I'm especially excited about Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and Return to the Tomb of Horrors. The originals were of course a couple of my favorites of all time, and I wasn't aware that the Return modules even existed until recently. The only problem is they are 3E! So now I might have to down-convert them to 2E. Is there any official position on down-converting a 3e+ adventure to 1E/2E and offering it for sale on FG?
    Wizards has not allowed us to touch anything from 3.x or 4e, and an official implementation would probably have to be for the ruleset the adventure was originally for if they ever did. Only reason we're getting basic as well as 1st and 2nd edition modules for the 2e ruleset is because it's all the same basic system at the core.

Actually, I just discovered I was wrong about Return to the Tomb of Horrors; it's 2E! Written by Bruce R. Cordell, with a forward by Gary Gygax, published in 1998. The forward is really interesting where Gygax talks about the original. It also looks very large. The PDF I found of it is 100M. Come on, who want's to get this into FG!?

The Vecna trilogy would be cool. It involves 3 realms.

11662 Die Vecna Die!
    WGA4 Vecna Lives!
    9582 Vecna Reborn

Also... All things Spelljammer!

1049 Spelljammer: Adventures in Space
    1065 The Legend of Spelljammer
    1072 War Captain's Companion
    1087 The Astromundi Cluster
    9280 SJR1 Lost Ships
    9312 SJR2 Realmspace
    9313 SJR3 Dungeon Master's Screen
    9328 SJR4 Practical Planetology
    9361 SJR5 Rock of Bral
    9374 SJR6 Greyspace
    9409 SJR7 Krynnspace
    9411 SJR8 Space Lairs

2130 CGR1 The Complete Spacefarer's Handbook

2109 MC7 Monstrous Compendium Appendix
    2119 MC9 Monstrous Compendium Appendix
    9273 SJA1 Wildspace
    9286 SJA2 Skull & Crossbows
    9299 SJA3 Crystal Spheres
    9325 SJA4 Under the Dark Fist

9343 SJS1 Goblins' Return
    9347 SJQ1 Heart of the Enemy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    Actually, I just discovered I was wrong about Return to the Tomb of Horrors; it's 2E! Written by Bruce R. Cordell, with a forward by Gary Gygax, published in 1998. The forward is really interesting where Gygax talks about the original. It also looks very large. The PDF I found of it is 100M. Come on, who want's to get this into FG!?
    RttToH would be a huge beast to convert. I think it probably is bigger than Night Below, but would likely sell for the same $29.99 price point. I'd buy it though.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TheToastman View Post
    The Vecna trilogy would be cool. It involves 3 realms.
    Which is why it won't happen. We only currently have permission to do Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms (and their directly related sub-settings). We do not have permission to convert anything with any branding for campaign settings outside of those. The current Greyhawk and Mystara adventures are allowed because they don't have the big banner across the top saying Greyhawk or Mystara/Known World.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToastman View Post
    Also... All things Spelljammer!
    Unfortunately also not currently a possibility for the same reason.

But let WotC know you want this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
    Which is why it won't happen. We only currently have permission to do Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms (and their directly related sub-settings). We do not have permission to convert anything with any branding for campaign settings outside of those.
    I'm not so sure about that. Do you have some information from Doug on this? As far as I am aware only settings are not allowed. Adventures from settings (outside of Dragonlance, that request NOT by me) have not been rejected when I requested to convert them.

To be clear, I am certain we cannot convert settings not approved by WoTC and I've been told those settings are only ones that 5e has used so far.... which excludes a fair few ;(

Short version of the story, request to convert it, the worst they can say is no.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Then I must have misunderstood what was said before.

Hi all. Is anyone working on a conversion of B1 In Search of the Unknown?

CM1 test of the warlords (and a few other CM series)
    H2 & H4 Mines of bloodstone & throne of bloodstone

Huge thank you to all the 2E folks.

Proud member of the "If its in the bundle, I buy it club."

Thread Information