5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Help with running Dungeon of the Mad Mage in FGU

We are playing Dungeon of the Mad Mage. This is a huge dungeon with many levels that the party gradually explores. As part of the process, they teleport through gates. Consequently, the party is jumping all over the dungeon, and often returns to a level that they had partially explored. We are struggling with LOS mapping history of the characters being reset and previously-explored map turning black again. Is there some way to retain the LOS mapping history?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    No. LOS is only known for the current map/image.

My suggestion is before you remove the party from the map, use the manual Mask. Create one, reveal roughly what they have seen/know. Mask info is retained with the image. When you come back to this level, you as DM can manually move a PC token around to reveal what they know based upon the mask. This assumes Party Vision is On, otherwise you would have to do this for each PC. Then you can remove the mask (or reveal the mask as they go).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for your suggestion. If that is the answer, then that is extremely disappointing.

Blog Entries
    I had a suggestion on the old wish list to have LOS remembered for each map, but it didn't get many votes so it was not carried to the new wish list. Perhaps if you add it to the new wish list it will get more votes. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will do as suggested (use the mask feature), and also add to the requested feature list. I suppose it will not be so bad one I am used to it.

But I was so happy to be done with masking and unmasking the map forever (or so I thought).

Thread Information