5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I'm buy the art packs slowly and using the sub. But Forgotten Adventures asset packs for map making work in FGU and are pretty cheap considering how many brushes, textures and other assets you get for a patreon sub. FGU maps are the way to go - low latency because players don't have to load huge bitmap maps they just download the assets brushes and FG builds the map at the players end. Plus interactive maps! Think about it.
    Interactive? Pretty sure that is just the LOS and lighting which are independent of image you are using (what created it) correct? Does anyone know if SW are planning to develop an ability to export/save an image file for storage on a disk drive? (.jpeg, etc.)
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Interactive? Pretty sure that is just the LOS and lighting which are independent of image you are using (what created it) correct? Does anyone know if SW are planning to develop an ability to export/save an image file for storage on a disk drive? (.jpeg, etc.)
    Not yet, vote for the idea here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135554

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I'm working on a map now. When its ready I will let you take a look.

Update: I went with a year's subscription of the FG Art package. I figure if I ever stop using it, I can first screen shot each layer and load the images in my project - Load them back in and scale them to exact size matches - then remove everything but the LOS and lighting data.

Going to test out building a couple maps for FG CON 16 once the newer art packages and lighting demonstrated in recent videos go live.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I want to make maps for my D&D 5E games. I like both Dungeon Draft and Master's Tookit, but I am not sure which works better (or at all) with FGU. Any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by gajet480 View Post
    I want to make maps for my D&D 5E games. I like both Dungeon Draft and Master's Tookit, but I am not sure which works better (or at all) with FGU. Any comments?
    Did you read this thread or just post a message based on the subject?

Dungeondraft or use FGU with the Art Subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by gajet480 View Post
    TLDR: It depends on how much prep time you want - Arkenforge is more complex to use and will take longer to make maps, but has a better outdoor terrain export to FGU, while Dungeondraft is simpler and more limited and easier to use (faster) but the script only exports walls and door LOS (dungeon) elements.

FGU is harder to say, but it does use high resolution elements (100 pixel tiles and almost certainly 32 bit color) and if you make your maps "artsy" with lots of different tiles, objects and brushes its probably worse memory wise than the stand alones. On the other hand if you only use 3 tiles, a few different objects and one brush and the map size is > 30 x 30 squares it likely beats the stand alones.

I created my outdoor maps using FlowScape. Very quick results. And it can create 360 images of the landscape like these to give a better feeling of the surroundings. It can export to Arkenforge apparently, but haven't tested this. Arkenforge can export LOS, but I would assume it will need some tune ups. Haven't tested that either, since Arkenforge seemed overkill. Still seemed an interesting combo. I download moss of my maps from Reddit, and since FGU am using those which came with the books because of the LOS.

What! Any good vids on how to make a map with donjon and dump it into Dungeon Painter to get LOS. Starting my google search now but that is amazing. Was going to buy the tile sets but frankly it is a bit expensive for what I'm getting. 10 bucks for a single "flavor". Great product just too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Canuck View Post
    What! Any good vids on how to make a map with donjon and dump it into Dungeon Painter to get LOS. Starting my google search now but that is amazing. Was going to buy the tile sets but frankly it is a bit expensive for what I'm getting. 10 bucks for a single "flavor". Great product just too expensive.
    Maybe the art subscription might be of more interest/use: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information