DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Interface Zero - Feedback/Questions/Updates

I doubt anyone has any info on when 3.0 will be released, but if you do, please share. In the meantime, I'm wondering what people would recommend to use instead, if anything. Is default SWADE good enough? Would it be better to grab IZ 2.0?
    Last edited by ddbrown30; January 31st, 2021 at 19:06.

Titan Effect is same genre, might do the trick. But setting is different.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I'm still going to play Interface Zero 3.0, I'm just trying to figure out which module will work the best until the proper support is released.

Edit: Unless that's what you meant too?

You could manually enter the edges, powers, items, etc. from the IZ3 pdfs that you and the players need for immediate play. If the FG module is released while the campaign is still running, swap out your manual entries for the IZ3 module entries. It's a bit of work, but gets you up and running with IZ3 and offers a path of moving to the module without disrupting play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    You could manually enter the edges, powers, items, etc. from the IZ3 pdfs that you and the players need for immediate play. If the FG module is released while the campaign is still running, swap out your manual entries for the IZ3 module entries. It's a bit of work, but gets you up and running with IZ3 and offers a path of moving to the module without disrupting play.
    That's what I was thinking, but which module would you suggest as a base? It sounds to me like you're suggesting the current SWADE module?

You'll need the SWADE module no matter what, since you're running SWADE. You always need to load that one.
    After that, any modules from other settings may give you gear or edges you could use, but transitioning to the IZ3 module later won't be as smooth. And some setting modules alter the game a bit (like adding strain or a third fatigue), so there could be conflict between the other module and the future IZ3 module if you load both at once.
    For cyberware, I highly recommend chillhelm's arcane device extension. I use that in my current games. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Arcane-Devices

Oh interesting. I didn't realize that I would need both SWADE and IZ3. That's super helpful information. Thanks!

My 4 person group currently play IZ2 with SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition in FGU. We have adopted some of the new IZ3 changes (that we know about - like Hacking) and some SWADE rules (Athletics = a bunch of skills, and start with certain skills by default, etc) and have just made changes ourselves by adding edges and hinderances from IZ3 or SWADE into the older systems. So far, it has worked well. I assume the IZ3 FG layout is going to be similar to IZ2. With IZ2 there is enough setting specific stuff to make it worth buying like the layout of character sheet. It has places for cyberware, an area for amount of strain, and all the setting specific stuff that IZ has. Also, there are lists of equipment and vehicles and NPCs in the game that will be useful to have for when IZ3 comes out.

So... if money isn't an issue, just grab SWADE and IZ2 and make the changes you want. (SWADE is the base system and IZ2 builds on it. As you have said above, you need both.) The Interface Zero 3.0 Kickstarter update posts page is the best place that I have found for updates on what is done and needs to be done for IZ3. The most recent post has some alpha GM guides that are quite lovely (no artwork, but has a lot of stuff on universe building and randomizing events.)

Good luck!

IZ 3,o (after three rewrites) has been submitted to QA (again), so barring any more changes made by the Author it may well see the light of day 13+ months after I first completed it.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thank you for the update! It will be nice to see it hit the store.

Thread Information