5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    @Jiminimonka; Can't remember off hand, mostly from the FG Art Packs I think
    If they are not FG Art Packs (which I have already) can you check next time you look at that map and DM me. Cheers. Looking for some more wall styles. I'm editing a mine (it is a mine, not Moria). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    If they are not FG Art Packs (which I have already) can you check next time you look at that map and DM me. Cheers. Looking for some more wall styles. I'm editing a mine (it is a mine, not Moria). Thanks.
    Ah, you mean the walls. They're from Torstan's Assets, part of the FG assets bundle

Thanks - I have those - gonna check them out.

I suspect that lots of people will like this idea https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135550 - FGU please remember layers lock status between sessions (and between closing & re-opening a map in a session. Yeah its in the works, but yeah it slows down map making considerably.
    This is a confirmed bug with an open trouble ticket. It will be rectified in an upcoming release. I'll go ahead and delete the Idea Informer entry so people don't get confused.
    Last edited by WishX; February 2nd, 2021 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by WishX View Post
    This is a confirmed bug with an open trouble ticket. It will be rectified in an upcoming release.
    Good to know. Thank you.

This is a confirmed bug with an open trouble ticket. It will be rectified in an upcoming release. I'll go ahead and delete the Idea Informer entry so people don't get confused.
    OK - thanks.

I hate to say this but it's still happening.
    Alea iacta est

This may come out with the vision and lighting updates, or it may be done "soon" after that update. (Not a developer, so don't have access to their roadmap.)

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    This may come out with the vision and lighting updates, or it may be done "soon" after that update. (Not a developer, so don't have access to their roadmap.)
    OK, thank you. Even more reasons to look forward to the lighting fx then!
    Alea iacta est

Yeah, in an inn being on 2 floors can be a problem. I have the stair line up so if the tokens are on the stairs the map won't reveal the LOS except the stairs. I was just thinking about last time the party were in the Inn, and how they were fighting on 2 floors, come back here and you have said exactly what I was thinking! LOL

In a dungeon of course, having them move floors is usually a party wide thing.

Still I'm just learning the tools for maps in FGU - I have a map made in Dungeondraft with a corridor blocked with furniture - which are assets on the FGU map so when the players move the furniture, I can clear the corridor for them.

EDIT: A major utility is having a building with just a door, and then taking the roof off when the party enters...

I agree. What I’ve found that helps simplify moving tokens when players change floors is the Portals - REVAMPED! Extension by Rob2 which is available in the FG Forge.

Players just walk onto the staircase or wherever I have a portal area set up and the token moves to the next map and it opens for the player.
    It can prompt them or not, be hidden or one way.

It’s not perfect since the maps are independent, tokens on the ground map aren’t visible to the player on the roof map.

I haven’t found a good way to represent tokens on different maps. Like a player on a balcony at level 2 looking down on another at level 1. When the maps don’t line up pretty it gets confusing. I’ve used placeholder tokens to represent them that I move manually. Still have to target manually, etc.

I do wish we could have a layer that became invisible when a player was under it, like a roof, without the addition effects that terrain does.

… or put layers above and below the token layer(s)
    That gets complicated to manage though.

Check out the ext. thought id share.

- Norgewalk

PS: This coupled with locked doors and the Map Parcels ext make the map immersively interactive. Not often but occasionally it lets me give the players free roaming of an area to explore on their own.

Thread Information