FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I'm in the situation where I want to have a 2nd floor map overlooking a ground floor map, with PC tokens on each and no issues.

From reading this thread, it sounds like I need to do a reverse and have them as separate images altogether to avoid headache.

Is that so, or has anything change regarding layers in the last year? Anyone know?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    I'm in the situation where I want to have a 2nd floor map overlooking a ground floor map, with PC tokens on each and no issues.

From reading this thread, it sounds like I need to do a reverse and have them as separate images altogether to avoid headache.

Is that so, or has anything change regarding layers in the last year? Anyone know?
    They do not need to be separate images, but you do not want them overlaying each other and try to use layers to distinguish them. Put them on the same image, just put the second (etc) floors off to the top or side of the others. Draw a LOS wall box around each level so you do not get vision bleed between the floors. FG won't calculate vision between levels etc, but it can still be used if you have balcony's on the second level and a blurred or dimmed region on the map for the lower levels.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah, I hadn't thought of doing it that way - that would be a good starter, thanks.

The ideal would be to have someone on the 2nd floor be able to see the tokens on the ground floor somehow, granting them the ability of overlooking the enemy and firing down. Not sure how to do that in FGU, short of duplicating a token perhaps.

Just tell them what they can see verbally, show the tokens they can attack on the combat tracker (or manually target them for them) and let them attack it - is how I do it. Sometimes a scenario like this is easier to just do theatue of the mind. Think how you would do it in that type of scenario and you can do that with a map too.

Thread Information