DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JonStormbringer View Post
    Agree, the Forgotten Adventures art replacement for Dungeondraft is fantastic. I don't normally do Patreon stuff because, quite simply, I'd be broke. However, I made an exception to the rule for this one.
    ^ ^ This right here! ^ ^
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JonStormbringer View Post
    I don't claim to be a world class map maker, but here is an example of a map I made in Dungeondraft using only the Forgotten Adventures map replacement pack. I'll be using this in my 5E group this weekend. This took about 15-20 minutes in Dungeondraft

Attachment 44756
    Very nice! Where'd you get the wall and door assets please? Were they also part of that asset pack and if so does it setup automatically when importing the asset pack?

Thanks
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Very nice! Where'd you get the wall and door assets please? Were they also part of that asset pack and if so does it setup automatically when importing the asset pack?

Thanks
    Yes, they both came as part of the Forgotten Adventures DungeonDraft Integration Pack and they are automatically placed into the correct areas of the program. So walls appear under walls and doors under doors. Here's a link to the pack: https://www.forgotten-adventures.net...t-integration/ (I have no affiliation with the artist, but I do believe in recognizing what I believe to be an outstanding product.)

Please note: There is a free, demo, version and then the version you can get only for being a Patreon. The full version is what you want to get.
    Last edited by JonStormbringer; March 14th, 2021 at 10:48.

Just watched this video on the above mentioned page. While it's meant to showcase the FA art pack, I just learned several new things about how to do things in Dungeondraft that I didn't know, making the program even more valuable to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Y428pM80w

with Dungeon draft and all the forgotten adventures packs, i like to make the basic map in dungeondraft, use the utility to export as a FG map with the LOS set up and then ad the in (unity) put the folders on FA assets in to my FGU images folder and add them to the map via fantasy grounds so they are then moveable or replaceable by me

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    with Dungeon draft and all the forgotten adventures packs, i like to make the basic map in dungeondraft, use the utility to export as a FG map with the LOS set up and then ad the in (unity) put the folders on FA assets in to my FGU images folder and add them to the map via fantasy grounds so they are then moveable or replaceable by me
    That's probably what I should do. I've been dragging in things piecemeal.

Just to be clear, this includes FG LoS? Or do you have to do it after importing the map?

You can use this tool to convert to FG LOS, although it hasn't been updated in nearly a year.
    https://github.com/rahulisaac/draft2fgu/releases

Very cool. ty. And with lighting just around the corner, it might need it updating But the Dungeoncraft tool looks so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Very cool. ty. And with lighting just around the corner, it might need it updating But the Dungeoncraft tool looks so cool.
    Yeah, I created an "issue" on the project's github to request that.
    If it doesn't get updated I might eventually look at it myself, but I don't know Python.

Thread Information