Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Dungeondraft Maps

Recently purchased Dungeondraft to compare against Profantasy's CC3 which has been my "go to" map-making tool for years. Limited art packs but one of the easier (and cheaper) tools available. What it does better than most of its competitors is allow effortless lighting effects. Dungeondraft maps also port directly into other VTTs with LoS and lighting effects. Wonderdraft (campaign world mapping) is also relatively cheap and as intuitive to easy ... with the same limitations on assets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I've been using it a lot lately too, especially with the ability to use 3rd party asset packs. I have had CC3 for years but just couldn't seem to get the hang of it.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

There is a tutorial for both Dungeondraft and Wonderdraft that will allow you to move/create your own assets but ... there's never enough time!

My First Map

My first Dungeondraft map, looking for some constructive critique.

Done with a 50 pixel grid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Olmac1; March 12th, 2021 at 06:27. Reason: Added the pixels.
    Current
    Player - Homebrew Campaign
    Dungeon Master - Storm King's Thunder
    Completed
    Player - Curse of Strahd, Princes of the Apocalypse, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
    Dungeon Master - Lost Mines of Phandelver; Sunless Citadel (TYP), Forge of Fury (TYP),The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (TYP), Princes of the Apocalypse

There are a number of asset artists who release their work already packaged for Dungeondraft. Some are on Cartography Assets (free and paid), others are available on the artists' Patreon (such as Forgotten Adventures and Tom Cartos) or via their own shop (e.g. 2 Minute Table Top). All of those linked have free samplers or pay what you want / free packs.

Dungeondraft comes with the ability to create asset packs built-in, but there's also a third-party tool that has more features on github: https://github.com/EightBitz/Dungeondraft-Tools

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmac1 View Post
    My first Dungeondraft map, looking for some constructive critique.
    Lots of tactically interesting opportunities Nicely done. A thought, but cliffs have fallen trees to facilitate travel. Perhaps only 1 should have for variety?

Then the other thing I would say is either specifying the pixels per grid, or in the upper left corner placing an off-color square that is 5ftx5ft so that it's easy top place and align the grid.

Thanks for sharing

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Lots of tactically interesting opportunities Nicely done. A thought, but cliffs have fallen trees to facilitate travel. Perhaps only 1 should have for variety?

Then the other thing I would say is either specifying the pixels per grid, or in the upper left corner placing an off-color square that is 5ftx5ft so that it's easy top place and align the grid.

Thanks for sharing
    Thanks for the advice. Going forward I shall remember that. It was done at 50 pixels. Kept it like the default for FG.
    Current
    Player - Homebrew Campaign
    Dungeon Master - Storm King's Thunder
    Completed
    Player - Curse of Strahd, Princes of the Apocalypse, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
    Dungeon Master - Lost Mines of Phandelver; Sunless Citadel (TYP), Forge of Fury (TYP),The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (TYP), Princes of the Apocalypse

FA on Patreon has a really good set of art that upscales the Dungeondraft basics into something a little less cartoony in aesthetic, I can't recommend them enough for building some nice dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarith View Post
    FA on Patreon has a really good set of art that upscales the Dungeondraft basics into something a little less cartoony in aesthetic, I can't recommend them enough for building some nice dungeons.
    Agree, the Forgotten Adventures art replacement for Dungeondraft is fantastic. I don't normally do Patreon stuff because, quite simply, I'd be broke. However, I made an exception to the rule for this one. I don't really enjoy the cartoony art style of Dungeondraft, but there are a fair amount of assets out there now that help and this is chief among them, IMO.

I don't claim to be a world class map maker, but here is an example of a map I made in Dungeondraft using only the Forgotten Adventures map replacement pack. I'll be using this in my 5E group this weekend. This took about 15-20 minutes in Dungeondraft

fg-unholychapel.jpg
    Last edited by JonStormbringer; March 12th, 2021 at 12:31.

Thread Information