STAR TREK 2d20

Questions about creating a Fantasy character.

Hi all.
    I have been looking for a group to play SWADE Rippers for a couple of weeks now without any success.
    I see most games advertised are for Pathfinder & D&D.
    I really want to get into RP so I am now thinking of trying the above systems.
    I would like to play as some sort of Dark Magic, blood magic Sorcerer seeking long-forgotten dark magic spell books or other arcane knowledge.
    I don't want to play an evil character per se, but someone who is consumed in his quest for hidden knowledge.
    Of, D&D and Pathfinder, which system would best suit this character?
    Also, how is the character's main focus implemented in-game?
    Will I have a chance of finding said tomes during play and will they actually have an impact on my character's skills etc?
    Cheers

You probably want to try finding a group first and then discuss with the DM what kind of character you want to play. I fear that if you go about things wanting to play a very narrow type of character then you might struggle to find a group.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Most players and most GMs play traditional hack/slash/magic fantasy.
    I would keep an eye out for the game that you seek but I would also do as Zacc suggests and find a group that suits you and you them first.
    Its better to be playing than not playing.
    Play the game that you have and maybe over time the opportunity to play your specific style will arise.

I prefer to play pre-gens that suit the GMs story rather than my own character concept. Over time the pre-gen will develop its own personality anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You probably want to try finding a group first and then discuss with the DM what kind of character you want to play. I fear that if you go about things wanting to play a very narrow type of character then you might struggle to find a group.
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Most players and most GMs play traditional hack/slash/magic fantasy.
    I would keep an eye out for the game that you seek but I would also do as Zacc suggests and find a group that suits you and you them first.
    Its better to be playing than not playing.
    Play the game that you have and maybe over time the opportunity to play your specific style will arise.

I prefer to play pre-gens that suit the GMs story rather than my own character concept. Over time the pre-gen will develop its own personality anyway.
    Many thanks for the advice chaps.

Thread Information