DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Is the use of the FG Discord server negotiable? I'm interested in running something but having just got an excellent set-up sorted for playing Syrinscape through Discord with no player effort involved, I'd quite like to use it for running games for the Con. That would mean using my Discord server instead. (Or I guess adding my Syrinscape bot to the FG server, or a general Syrinscape bot accessible by GM's, but those sound like security nightmares in the making).

Would it be acceptable to run the game on my own Discord server?

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    Is the use of the FG Discord server negotiable? I'm interested in running something but having just got an excellent set-up sorted for playing Syrinscape through Discord with no player effort involved, I'd quite like to use it for running games for the Con. That would mean using my Discord server instead. Would that be acceptable?
    Sorry, all games that use audio must use the FG Discord server. We don't make exceptions, because as soon as we make one then others will want to use something else. We keep everything on the FG Discord server so that there's no confusion where all players need to go.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick response, completely understand the reasons. Would it be acceptable to have a "dummy player" join the session via the FG Discord server to pipe Syrinscape audio through instead? I have a second Discord account specifically for that, I'd just need to add it to the FG server I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    Would it be acceptable to have a "dummy player" join the session via the FG Discord server to pipe Syrinscape audio through instead?
    Absolutely. A few of us do that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Absolutely. A few of us do that.
    How about bots used for audio?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    How about bots used for audio?
    You'd have to ask SmiteWorks about that, as it's their Discord server.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    I would like to run Syrinscape with my games, will the Discord server be boosted for the event to provide better audio quality?
    Does Syrinscape show up in discord as bot so it can be muted by players? I know nothing about it. But if its designed to put sound in they don't want with no way to mute it - then that would be a bad thing.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Does Syrinscape show up in discord as bot so it can be muted by players? I know nothing about it. But if its designed to put sound in they don't want with no way to mute it - then that would be a bad thing.
    Syrinscape and other sound sources don't show up at all, which is the challenge and thus the discussion of the workaround. Typically you can run a second instance of Discord or use a bot (which I doubt will be possible using the official FantasyGrounds Discord Server, upon second thought). You could also use independent sound streaming outside of Discord (such as Cleanfeed and OBSNinja) as described by Gwydion.

In all cases, there are/should be ways for individual volume control by players.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    I made a submission to run a game. About how long is it taking to approve them?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information