5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
  1. #91
    Steffen_de_Wolff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Drayton, ND Central time zone US
    Posts
    25
    ok just got home from work I will be right on that in a few
    Thats ok Damned everyone makes mistakes even Immortal Supreme Deities
    Last edited by Steffen_de_Wolff; April 13th, 2021 at 02:42. Reason: addition
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: 5e OAR 2 "The Isle of Dread"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"; 1e REF4 "Book of Lairs II"
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"


    Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

  2. #92
    Steffen_de_Wolff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Drayton, ND Central time zone US
    Posts
    25
    alright done
    hope to get enough people to run it.
    Last edited by Steffen_de_Wolff; April 13th, 2021 at 04:02.
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: 5e OAR 2 "The Isle of Dread"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"; 1e REF4 "Book of Lairs II"
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"


    Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

  3. #93
    I haven't been following the thread, but with the Con coming up this weekend I just read through the whole thing and saw that notifications were supposed to go out to GM's on the Discord info, etc. I haven't received anything yet. My game is still on the schedule, I have 5 bookings, and even though I've contacted them previously, I need the "final instructions".

  4. #94
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    29,154
    Sorry the emails haven't gone out yet, the issue with the server has put us behind a number of days.

    This is the rough text of the email that will be sent to all GMs:

    Hello FG Con 16 GM.
    Three days to go to FG Con 16!
    Please make sure you have emailed all of your players regarding your event – letting them know about your game and what’s expected. Please consider using the email template below.
    A few last minutes pieces of information/reminders:
    • Run your game in the FG “live” channel. I know some of you were hoping to show off some of the lighting effects in the version 4.1 test channel. It’s looking unlikely that the 4.1 lighting will be pushed to the live channel before FG Con. So please prepare your game assuming that you’ll be running in FG 4.0 live, without lighting. There are no exceptions here – please run all games in the FG live channel.
    • Assuming you’ll be using voice communications – run your game in the FG Discord server. There is an “FGCON” section at the bottom of the Fantasy Grounds Discord server channels list - this will be moved higher in the list close to the start of the convention. You can create a voice channel in this section – please create your voice channel with the name of your event 24 hours before your event is due to start.
    • Please make sure you’re online 15 minutes before your game starts and plan to not run over time.
    • If real life gets in the way and you need to cancel/adjust your game, make sure you email all players (the email addresses are available in the booking screen on the FG Con Website). If you’re cancelling your game, please cancel player bookings before deleting/changing your event status to “Draft”.
    Hope you have a great FG Con. If you have any questions or issues please email [email protected].
    Thanks for running an event.
    The FG Con admin team.

    Email template:
    Dear Fantasy Grounds gamer!
    Thank you for signing up to <insert your event name here> at FG Con 16. I’m the GM for your game! This email provides information that helps to make sure we’ll ready for our event.
    • We will be using Fantasy Grounds Unity. You need to have this installed and updated to the live channel before our game.
    • You will be able to connect to my game through the FG Unity “Join Campaign” screen, using the GM Name <Your FG username> in the “Join by GM Name” field.
    • We will be using the Fantasy Grounds Discord server for voice communications. On the day of the event look for a voice channel with the name of this event in the “FG Con” section of the server. Details on the Fantasy Grounds Discord server can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/Discord.php
    • Please use a headset/mic combination if at all possible. This will keep any noise/feedback to a minimum and make the voice communication better for everyone involved.
    • Join the Discord channel 10-15 minutes before the game if possible so that we can sort out any pre-game questions or issues.
    <any other information relating to your game> - such as pregen info, time confirmation, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry the emails haven't gone out yet, the issue with the server has put us behind a number of days.

    This is the rough text of the email that will be sent to all GMs:

    Hello FG Con 16 GM.
    Three days to go to FG Con 16!
    Please make sure you have emailed all of your players regarding your event – letting them know about your game and what’s expected. Please consider using the email template below.
    A few last minutes pieces of information/reminders:
    • Run your game in the FG “live” channel. I know some of you were hoping to show off some of the lighting effects in the version 4.1 test channel. It’s looking unlikely that the 4.1 lighting will be pushed to the live channel before FG Con. So please prepare your game assuming that you’ll be running in FG 4.0 live, without lighting. There are no exceptions here – please run all games in the FG live channel.
    • Assuming you’ll be using voice communications – run your game in the FG Discord server. There is an “FGCON” section at the bottom of the Fantasy Grounds Discord server channels list - this will be moved higher in the list close to the start of the convention. You can create a voice channel in this section – please create your voice channel with the name of your event 24 hours before your event is due to start.
    • Please make sure you’re online 15 minutes before your game starts and plan to not run over time.
    • If real life gets in the way and you need to cancel/adjust your game, make sure you email all players (the email addresses are available in the booking screen on the FG Con Website). If you’re cancelling your game, please cancel player bookings before deleting/changing your event status to “Draft”.
    Hope you have a great FG Con. If you have any questions or issues please email [email protected].
    Thanks for running an event.
    The FG Con admin team.

    Email template:
    Dear Fantasy Grounds gamer!
    Thank you for signing up to <insert your event name here> at FG Con 16. I’m the GM for your game! This email provides information that helps to make sure we’ll ready for our event.
    • We will be using Fantasy Grounds Unity. You need to have this installed and updated to the live channel before our game.
    • You will be able to connect to my game through the FG Unity “Join Campaign” screen, using the GM Name <Your FG username> in the “Join by GM Name” field.
    • We will be using the Fantasy Grounds Discord server for voice communications. On the day of the event look for a voice channel with the name of this event in the “FG Con” section of the server. Details on the Fantasy Grounds Discord server can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/Discord.php
    • Please use a headset/mic combination if at all possible. This will keep any noise/feedback to a minimum and make the voice communication better for everyone involved.
    • Join the Discord channel 10-15 minutes before the game if possible so that we can sort out any pre-game questions or issues.
    <any other information relating to your game> - such as pregen info, time confirmation, etc..
    Do we have discord admin priv on channels to add players in and mute all others or how will that work?

  6. #96
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    29,154
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Do we have discord admin priv on channels to add players in and mute all others or how will that work?
    Players join the relevant channel as needed.

    This is the information I received from the admin that setup the rights for the FGCON section of the Discord server: "FGCON has been set up without too many permissions but everyone should be able to create voice and text channels, speak, read and type messages and delete them as needed."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #97
    Tables are live for D&D Adventurers League. I'm listed as the GM for all tables to make it easy to approve the bookings as they come in. We have 18 spots for a super fun epic, I wanna encourage people to join



    Check out the Schedule and find Sign Up links Here: https://bit.ly/fgcon-al

    Please spread the word to your friends!
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

  8. #98
    As the AL games do not really seem to align with the PFS/AL timeslots from the GM guidelines anyway (which is fine by me as those are a bit awkward for a lot of timezones), I'll ask the players signed up so far whether they want to adjust the starting times for my games. (I have stayed within the slots where possible so far but at this point in time it seems unlikely to really matter.)

  9. #99
    So both my games have only one player and I need a minimum of 3 for each game.
    I don't know what the chances are of them filling up but it is pretty remote.
    I have warned both players that the chances are slim.

    I will cancel the games very soon as I can plan the time for other things more effectively.
    full licence
    time zone: CET
    server: epic dice dead unicorn
    team speak server ts.fg-con.com password Dungeoneers

    Cuius testiculus habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.
    When you have their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow."


    Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    As the AL games do not really seem to align with the PFS/AL timeslots from the GM guidelines anyway (which is fine by me as those are a bit awkward for a lot of timezones), I'll ask the players signed up so far whether they want to adjust the starting times for my games. (I have stayed within the slots where possible so far but at this point in time it seems unlikely to really matter.)
    Thank you and apologies for that. I like to be there to muster/be available as an organizer whenever hosting AL games in case any issues arise (related to our code of conduct) so picked times that correlate with what I usually do/availability.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMsGuild Classic

Log in

Log in