FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 12 First ... 23456 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Your DM can setup a blank character sheet and you can take ownership of that sheet to create a character the old fashion way. You are not forced to use the wizard. You are still able to create characters outside of the session as well.
    I hope that you are just giving a temporary workaround, and that isn't the "solution", because it isn't one. Imagine all of the reasons why you have to start a new character over from scratch, not only while you are building it (changed your mind on Race or Class, for example), but also for existing characters (changed your mind on which class you wanted to add at level up, etc.), and then requiring the GM to add blank character sheets for the player each time. I'm sorry but having to micro-manage players isn't what a GM should be doing...maybe for new players that have never played the ruleset or FG....but for veteran players, never.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

It was a bug. Pushed a new update to Dev channel that fixes.

Regards,
    JPG

OK, I just pushed a fresh batch of updates to the Dev channel of both FGC and FGU. I plan to push all of these to the Test channel on Thursday, with the plan to release on Feb. 16.

In addition to a few minor CoreRPG fixes, the developer and/or myself have updated and confirmed all the official rulesets with the required updates, except the following:
    • 2E
    • MGT1
    • MGT2

Those developers are already aware of the upcoming changes; and will be looking at them soon.

As mentioned before on this thread and via email, I'm available to help keep these updates moving as fast as possible. Some of the upcoming lighting/vision changes will need CoreRPG ruleset updates soon after; so I'm pushing hard to make these in-process changes happen before the bigger release.

Regards,
    JPG

Not sure what is going on, but yesterday and today when I try to open the reference manual in 5e, I get a crapload of error messages.

Ruleset Error: window: Control(page_prev) anchoring to an undefined control (page_info) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(page_prev) anchoring to an undefined control (page_info) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (page_next) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(page_next) anchoring to an undefined control (page_info) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(page_next) anchoring to an undefined control (page_info) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (page_prev) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (page_next) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Just pushed fix for reference manual layout errors.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, stupid question, but what is the "dev channel"?
    Wondering how to get this stuff to test my extensions ahead of time. Are we talking discord channels? I see 3 different dev channels there, but those don't seem like the right place...

Is there a way to get on this mailing list.
    I discovered this thread only by accident.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltenbrand View Post
    Is there a way to get on this mailing list.
    I discovered this thread only by accident.
    At the top of each page under Thread Tools you can subscribe to a thread.
    This thread is really aimed at devs who are owners of rulesets and need to make changes ready for an upcoming change to CoreRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by MadNomadGM View Post
    Ok, stupid question, but what is the "dev channel"?
    Wondering how to get this stuff to test my extensions ahead of time. Are we talking discord channels? I see 3 different dev channels there, but those don't seem like the right place...
    In your FG settings go to Advanced and you can change between Live, Test, Prev and Dev.
    Very rarely should anyone be in Dev - only when instructed.
    Test is a good place for ruleset and extension developers who want to test their stuff against upcoming releases - kinda like Dev but used all the time.
    Prev is for when a new build screws you up and you dont have time to troubleshoot, again, generally not recommended to use.

Thread Information