STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not in Test...
    It is in the Dev Channel for now.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

@damned,
    CallofCthulhu (6E) has already been updated in the Test channel. As outlined in the separate e-mail, I have reached out about CoC 7E.

@Simpe,
    It is currently in the Dev channel only. I have updated the first post; and you are also copied on the separate e-mail.

@tahl_liadon, @RobboNJ69,
    You could potentially not have anyone update, if that's what you want. However, these changes will either create an instant issue in a ruleset, or none. They will get addressed pretty quickly; even if I have to push the changes myself. I've already reached out to all the ruleset developers to make the necessary changes.

Regards,
    JPG

I moved to the DEV branch on a reference virtual machine and did some runs on several rulesets. Two things strike immediately:

1. Problem with the reference manuals. Upon opening we have Console errors and warning. Navigation buttons are no longer there. Is this something that we have to sort on our end?
    Code:
    [1/30/2021 1:20:06 AM] [WARNING]  window: Anchored static height ignored for control (page_prev) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    [1/30/2021 1:20:06 AM] [ERROR]  window: Control (page_prev) anchoring to an undefined control (page_info) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    [1/30/2021 1:20:06 AM] [ERROR]  window: Control (page_prev) anchoring to an undefined control (page_info) in windowclass (reference_manual)
    2. The change Make all add buttons visible by default is something I hope you will reconsider rolling back. Character sheets have ruined aesthetics now and even in CoreRPG it looks out of place. I don't get the reason for this change, the functionality gain is close to none and reduce the experience from using the sheet.

I love the filtering of modules per ruleset and moving the sidebar toggle to Options rather than library. It is spot on. Text-based sidebar is also great
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

For #1, this is most likely caused by overrides to CoreRPG reference manual templates or window classes. In general, you should avoid overriding the templates, and use merges on window classes to make spot adjustments.

For #2, this came by request from ddavison. We have been slowly moving towards using buttons to allow user interactions, so that not as many features are "hidden" behind context menus and edit buttons. This is similar to most UI systems used for web/mobile applications. We plan to continue moving in this direction. If you want to override for specific sheets, then you should do so; but we want the campaign lists and other common elements to contain the buttons.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This is similar to most UI systems used for web/mobile applications.
    I wouldn't say that this is good example to follow Probably it will take some time to get used to and all rulesets adjust their interfaces accordingly.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I updated post #4 to clarify between required and suggested maintenance updates. As noted in the emails to each developer, I am offering to do the initial and maintenance migrations; just need your assistance with testing after.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post574220

Regards,
    JPG

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does:

"Remove unnecessary non-local chat window overrides; or adapt to identity list embedded"

refer to so I can look at this and see if it appears anywhere.

It's available in the Dev channel now. Just switch to Dev in your Settings, run an Update, then create a CoreRPG campaign.

Basically, I moved the list of names that used to appear under the chat window into a combo box that is part of the chat window. One less dangling piece of the UI, and can be moved with the chat window.

Regards,
    JPG

Oooo now I know what “identity” meant, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    2. The change Make all add buttons visible by default is something I hope you will reconsider rolling back. Character sheets have ruined aesthetics now and even in CoreRPG it looks out of place. I don't get the reason for this change, the functionality gain is close to none and reduce the experience from using the sheet.
    I concur with Valyar on that, but I understand the reasons behind this I think there might be a possible compromise: Maybe changing the icon for the add button a bit? For most themes the white plus on green ground does not really fit, I think changing the icon that it fits to the style of the theme solves the problem But all the official themes would need to be changed in order to take this into account (or one finds one good icon for all rulesets)

(I personally also prefer buttons for the sidebar than text based things, but that change I can completely understand, probably way easier to adjust and maintain with that new approach)

Thread Information