DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can't launch the Steam version of FGC on a mac

Hello all,
    THE PROBLEM
    Every time I try to launch FG Classic through Steam on my mac I see the icon on the doc but no window opens and after a few seconds even the icon disappears - it doesn't even give me a warning. There is no way to run the program.
    WHEN IT HAPPENED
    It was perfectly working. At some time I uninstalled FG and a few months after that I installed it again. It never run.
    WHAT I DID TO SOLVE IT
    I tried uninstalling FG and then installing again.
    I uninstalled / installed again the entire Steam.
    I manually deleted a small file that remained in /Users/*me*/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common between installations.
    I verified the integrity of the files. Steam gave me a warning that 3 files were wrong and asked to install them again - which I did. It downloaded 27 kbs. When I check the integrity of my files at that point, everything looks good. I run FG again, it never opens, integrity of my files is damaged again.

Do you have any idea of what could be wrong?
    Is there any way to totally/completely/perfectly delete everything FG-related from my mac and then install again clean?
    Thank you all!

P.S. My iMac is a late-2009 model, running High-Sierra, this is not a problem of 32bit apps etc.

I don't know enough about macs really to advise but have you tried downloading and installing from the Website rather than through Steam? I do know that FG Classic doesn't run natively on a mac so you do need Wine or some other emulator in order to run it. Also just make sure that you are trying to install Classic and not Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    [...] have you tried downloading and installing from the Website rather than through Steam?
    I will probably try that, but I want to find a solution with my steam client if I can... Thank you for your help!

You can always activate it in Steam at a later time.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information