STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    The player suffering from black map windows uses Windows 7 with 4 gb memory.
    FGU is not supported on Windows 7.

I know a lot of people are still on Windows 7, however, Microsoft officially ended support of Windows 7 on January 14, 2020, that is over a year ago now.

Anyone still on Windows 7 should upgrade asap, Microsoft is no longer releasing any security patches for Win7, so the number of vulnerabilities will just keep increasing as time goes on, making those users still on Win7 vulnerable to anything from cryptolockers to identity theft if they continue to use Win7.

Microsoft made Windows 10 available as a free upgrade for the first year of its release, however, they have quietly supported a free upgrade from Win7/8 even to this day (see here for how).

I know all of this, but thanks.

I am trying to be patient with you. As are the developers (Moon Wizard mostly), and the rest of the community.

However, your insistence of running unsupported configurations and then having a condescending tone when that is pointed out is annoying.

I am surprised you as a software developer yourself don't respect minimum required specs more. I would bet money if a customer called your support line and it was determined that the customer's computer did not meet the minimum requirements, your support personnel would directly tell the customer that, and tell them to upgrade to a supported configuration.

Looks like both of your players that are suffering issues are because they are not at the minimum required spec, one is running on an unsupported OS, the other does not have enough RAM.

so maybe there is a W7/DirectX conflict?!
    Obviously I found out about my players system configuration just now and reported it as possible culprit right away. Moon Wizard suggested this to be a memory issue, so I also inquired the player about his memory configuration and reported back. We are not talking about my own system here, my system meets the requirements by multiple degrees and still suffers from problematic performance.

By the way, both OS and graphic-card are listed in console.log and player.log, but memory configuration and CPU unfortunately are not. I suggest to include these in the logs to help with future analysis of performance problems.

Worth mentioning that basically W10 = W8 = W7 = Vista, unless you count DirectX 12 support, which FGU does not make use of. Still DirectX 11 incompatibilities could play a role.

Next time this happens we will check current memory consumption and try to do a simple /reload instead of a restart. The player will change image/maps windows less now, though, especially after learning that you can scroll via cursor keys.

Thread Information