FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Network issues are well possible, especially given how flaky unsteady the whole network thing still seems to be. So thanks for the suggestion. I may go back to NAT based direct connections, although I thought that FGU's cloud creates direct connections anyway?!

Next time it happens I ask the player to click on his token. But me removing and re-adding the token should have worked then.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Network issues are well possible, especially given how flaky unsteady the whole network thing still seems to be. So thanks for the suggestion. I may go back to NAT based direct connections, although I thought that FGU's cloud creates direct connections anyway?!

Next time it happens I ask the player to click on his token. But me removing and re-adding the token should have worked then.
    They may have resolved the cloud issues since I got burned by it last summer. But we are happy on LAN and I have no reason to "test" that cloud issues are all resolved as I'm working fine with LAN for my spread out (geographically) player.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

If you are feeling like this is a cloud/network related issue, we would appreciate if you would send your logs to support or posting them here. Every little bit of information would be helpful in nailing down the issues you are facing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

It would not be a network/log issue. If the files weren't being transferred, they would still see the red X with the question mark.

It sounds like the tokens are not getting linked to the CT correctly. Please try again without extensions.

Regards,
    JPG

Alternative to Black Sides

[QUOTE=Weissrolf;573877]Same map to same map. There was no change in maps. I just pulled them out of the map area to the black sides and then back in. This needs to be done when you want to retain fog of war, but don't want to pull PC tokens all over the map. The latter of which reveals all parts traveled in between, so moving tokens outside the map is a workaround. I am open to other suggestions, but the main issue remains.

Weissrolf,
    If I understand what you are trying to do, there is supposed to be another way. If you are holding down shift while moving the token, it won't reveal any new areas until you set the token down.

I will try the shift-moving thing, would be useful. The problem persists anyway, though. This was just one incident when it happened.

Two cases where LOS for a single PC char (myself via localhost) differed from GM LOS for the same PC char. Tested with *no* extensions loaded, only a single PF2 AP module loaded.

- Deleted PC token from map, dragged token from CT to map.

This lead to the map staying entirely black for PC view while GM view showed proper LOS for said PC token. Only once the player (myself via 2nd instance) specifically clicked (selected) on the PC token on the map would LOS be displayed other than black.

Once I maximized and restored the map I could not reproduce the same behavior anymore.

- GM places PC token at 45° angle *outside* at the edge of a map (with map borders being simple wall LOS elements as far as I can tell). PC would see the map properly black, while GM would see FOW at diagonal angle for half the map. FOW would remain different for GM and PC for the same PC token.

So there are cases where GM and player instance of FGU do not properly communicate LOS status for the same PC token(s).

@Weissrolf,

I don't believe the items you mentioned are related to the original report. For the original issue, we need specific data files where the LoS never appears for the player when trying to select the token, and there is an actual exception.

For the items you mentioned:

The first one is a known item, but resolved just by clicking the token by the player.

For the second one, I'm not following; can you provide a screenshot/example?

Thanks,
    JPG

1) Why does it sometimes happen and then sometimes not (after max/min)? Should the LOS update process not be the same every time a token is placed?

2) Turns out it is not just 45° and the LOS angle seems somewhat arbitrary going back and forth when the token is moved further away or one blip up/down.

GM views:

Player views:

Last edited by Weissrolf; February 1st, 2021 at 08:07.

Thread Information