FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Characters not loading for players and constant disconnects

I already change as you request me hope it helps

Please identify the following;

My problem is that when players log in the server neither their characters or my modules can be loaded all stays blank.

And when we are playing oftenly all my players get kick and for me as the DM Fantasy grounds goes white and says (Not responding) for about 3 minutes and then comes back.

I only been using dnd 5e

I don't use any special setting or custom skin

Typical info to include in your post;

Well when my players log in into the server usually they pick their characters and load modules, just in this case they can't do neither it stays in blank like there are no characters or modules.

Windows 10 is my operating System

Language or Region Settings (Spanish)

Dnd e5

All aviable for dnd e5 the Wizards of the coast ones and the Beast Tomes 1 and 2 and Creature Codex
    Last edited by LionelZinhark; January 26th, 2021 at 15:01.

You'll need to post some logs so people can help you out.

See this post on what kind of information you should provide.

Additionally, when the disconnect happens, gather both player and GM/DM logs. See here on how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyCec View Post
    And when we are playing more than once keeps crashing when I am using it ...
    In addition to providing the logs as mentioned by Sulimo. Please describe what you mean by "crashing".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For characters, they will not appear in the player character selection screen unless the Owner is blank. Once owned, players can not see those characters until the GM releases the owner, by right-clicking on the character and selecting Clear Owner option.

For modules, only the modules with the green allow icon will be visible to the players. By default, player modules are usually visible; but if you clicked the red icon at the bottom at some point, it would have blocked all modules for players. Just click on the permission icon on the modules you want to allow until they are green; or drag the green icon from the bottom onto the module.

If still having an issue; please provide a screenshot of the Character Selection window on the GM screen with the character you think should appear on the player side; and similarly, please provide a screenshot of the Module Activation window showing the module in question.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For characters, they will not appear in the player character selection screen unless the Owner is blank. Once owned, players can not see those characters until the GM releases the owner, by right-clicking on the character and selecting Clear Owner option.

For modules, only the modules with the green allow icon will be visible to the players. By default, player modules are usually visible; but if you clicked the red icon at the bottom at some point, it would have blocked all modules for players. Just click on the permission icon on the modules you want to allow until they are green; or drag the green icon from the bottom onto the module.

If still having an issue; please provide a screenshot of the Character Selection window on the GM screen with the character you think should appear on the player side; and similarly, please provide a screenshot of the Module Activation window showing the module in question.

Regards,
    JPG
    Is not that, because all moldules are aviable and the players is their own character which they been using since last year

You can try zipping up the campaign, and sending to us at [email protected]. (Make sure to reference this thread if you do)
    My guess is that it will probably work fine here, if everything is as you have said. However, I can take a look to make sure that it works on my systems, and double-check.

If the data is not the issue, then perhaps something in security software or router security settings is causing data to be blocked? (GM or player)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You can try zipping up the campaign, and sending to us at [email protected]. (Make sure to reference this thread if you do)
    My guess is that it will probably work fine here, if everything is as you have said. However, I can take a look to make sure that it works on my systems, and double-check.

If the data is not the issue, then perhaps something in security software or router security settings is causing data to be blocked? (GM or player)

Regards,
    JPG
    You need me to send you the 10GB of the campaign?

If your campaign is 10Gb in size then that could well be contributing to your issue. How many images have you shared and how big are these images that you are sharing?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah most of them are images, so is not good to have them all up? well I could try just uploading the images I need, and see if that does the trick.

I have these exact same issues too in my PF2 campaigns. 2 or 3 times (once if I'm really lucky) I will see player A disconnected, player B disconnected, player C disconnected.. all at once. And there have been several times when my players can't see their characters to select, even after I cleared the owners.
    Really just posting this so this guy knows he's not the only one.
    (Sometimes I get to where no one can see their character except one guy. And he's the only other Ultimate license holder besides me. The other players are on demo. Dunno if that matters for it?)

Thread Information