STAR TREK 2d20

Noob questions...

Hi all,

New here and excited to get playing!
    I just had a couple general questions about how things run around here so as not to be stepping on toes etc ...

Generally speaking, are most DM’s ok with stuff like Human Variant and multi classing or do they steer away? Also ,generally, do they stay up with the latest like Tasha’s?

I’m getting a couple characters ready to play some 5e I just wanted to get a feel for what kind of attitude towards different play styles to expect I guess...

Also do a lot of DMs allow 3rd party stuff? (I’m totally unprepared for that but if it’s prevalent I can adjust

Welcome! I think you’ll find DMs on FG are going to be like DMs anywhere. As varied as as the people taking on the role. Preferences will depend on your DM. Everyone is friendly enough, I’m sure you can find a game that suits your needs.

Blog Entries
    My advice is don't create a character and then try to find a game to play that character in.

Instead, find a game that sounds interesting. Talk to the DM about their setting, background, and campaign. Then create a character inspired by the campaign.

i.e. An Underdark campaign? Maybe you want to play a deep gnome grave cleric. Or an urban investigation might spark interest in playing a inquisitive rogue dragonborn. Let the campaign inspire you!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information