5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Question: Mixing NPC and spell data in a module?

Hi, folks,
    I'm helping a company I work with get their bestiary into Fantasy Grounds format. We've run into a problem, which is that some of our creatures cast setting-specific spells. While it'd be lovely to have the core rulebook in FG, that's outside the scope of this work. I've done a bunch of reading on this, but I'm a freelance writer doing this as an unpaid side project because I believe strongly in the setting, and so I'm already burning a bunch of time I probably shouldn't be on this.

My question: can you create a single .mod file that contains more than one type of data, e.g. NPCs and a list of spells or magic items specific to them? If so, can you start me off in the right place?

I'll experiment on it regardless, but I'd be grateful if I could spend more hours cranking new content and less deciphering the guts of FG's XML parser. Thanks tons, even if the answer is "You can't." Smart fans are a tremendous resource for any platform, and FG looks to have some grdeveleat ones!

-Fran Stewart

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds

You absolutely can. You can include any and all data types inside of a module, except for notes. Notes are meant to be used by players and are campaign/player specific.

It is highly recommended that you create a new campaign for each project you are working on. This should be a campaign that no players will ever have access to.

After setting up your NPCs, Spells, Items, etc... Click on library in the bottom right corner of the side bar. In the window that opens, you should see a button labeled Export. In the Module Exporter that opens, you now have the option of selecting as many types of data entries as you need/want. When creating projects in their own dedicated campaigns, I suggest clicking the Select All button. This helps to make sure that you don't forget to include any of the content that you have already entered into Fantasy Grounds.

Superb! Yeah, and right after I posted this I noticed that the SRD Magic Items module had creatures in it. Well, thank you a ton. As I said, it looked like Fantasy Grounds had a great techie fan base.

Blog Entries
    If you haven't already, read the link in my sig, Adventure Module Creation. Though it was written awhile ago, everything still applies.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information