STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Image Missing from Custom Images

I took a break from playing D&D on FGU for about 2 months starting back up again. I noticed all my custom created images and maps have a giant red X. I double checked the location and it is still right where i put them. Any assistance on how to get these images back, would be wonderful. Thanks
    Missing_Image.JPG

Did you create the images in FGU? If not where did you create them? Are the .jpg or .png files? Where exactly are the images, campaign/images or FGdata/images folder? Do the images have non alpha numeric characters in them? Do they have any double spaces?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you moved or renamed any files in the FG data folder images subfolder, or the campaign images subfolder; then any references to those images will be broken in the data.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you moved or renamed any files in the FG data folder images subfolder, or the campaign images subfolder; then any references to those images will be broken in the data.

Regards,
    JPG
    The images were placed in the Assets folder under Campaign/Maps (I created the Maps folder). I did not move them nor rename them, and I can still see them in the windows folder as well in the assets > campaign > maps and i can click them open. However when I open the Images|Maps icon and go to the Uncategorized location and click on the map that I created I see the red X like in the included image above even though I see the image reference in the map. These images are .jpg files.

I included a another screen shot that shows all the pieces, hopefully it makes more sense. Image_Missing_More_Info.JPG
    Last edited by DnDExplorers; January 26th, 2021 at 00:23. Reason: image issue

If you zip up the campaign, we can look at the data (post via DropBox link here or via PM; if PM, please reference thread). My guess is still that it got moved, but we can look at the campaign data to be sure.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you zip up the campaign, we can look at the data (post via DropBox link here or via PM; if PM, please reference thread). My guess is still that it got moved, but we can look at the campaign data to be sure.

Regards,
    JPG
    Moon I sent you a PM with a GDrive link to my zipped campaign folder. Thanks for the help.

Any updates on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DnDExplorers View Post
    I included a another screen shot that shows all the pieces, hopefully it makes more sense. Image_Missing_More_Info.JPG
    Drag the image from the asset window and drop it on the open image window. It'll add another layer with that image. Delete the layer that doesn't have the image. Re-size/position the new image, assuming it is showing properly, to match your tokens etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just looked at the data file that you sent over. It looks like the file was originally located at "<CampaignFolder>\images\Saltmarsh_Orc_Camp.jp g" when the image was created (which is what is saved for the image layer in the campaign database). In the campaign files you sent over, there are no files in the root "<CampaignFolder>\images\" folder, and they are all organized in subfolders. My guess is that you re-organized your files at some point after you created the map.

You can either do what Trenloe suggests to clean up in the UI; OR you can move the file back to where it was when the image record was created; OR you can manually edit the db.xml file. If you decide to manually edit the db.xml file, please make a backup first; as any XML errors will cause a load error and the data won't get saved back to disk since it never loaded. (campaign/images/Saltmarsh_Orc_Camp.jpg -> campaign/images/Maps/Saltmarsh_Orc_Camp.jpg)

Regards,
    JPG

Ok Thanks i will move that image to images folder just to confirm that it removed it. I thought i created maps prior to making those. The main reason for the move was it seems the images folder has a limit to the number images as well as the tokens has a limit like 50 or so.

Thread Information