5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Can LOS be set to follow?

Have a group going through LMoP and using Unity for the first time. Having several issues that I'm hoping are due to my ignorance of Unity.

The big one is, is it possible to have the source of LoS automatically jump to whichever PC/NPC is current in the combat tracker? I've read that the two systems are not connected, but I'm imagining that one should be able to inform the other.

The second may just be my confusion, but I don't recall this ever being this much of an issue in regular FG. When a new character's turn comes up, the game highlights them to identify who's turn it is, but unless you click on the characters token first, if you try to target something for that character the previous character ends up being the one that does the targeting. That seems fairly consistent and it is massively confusing in the thick of combat.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm fairly sure that the two systems aren't interconnected. It has always been my experience that before doing anything you need to select the token whose turn it is before you can target using CTRL+click if you are clicking on the token on the map. If you are CTR-Clicking to target on the CT then the actor whose turn it is is already selected and there's no need to select the token on the map. The LoS is only visible when a token is selected. If you are a player with only one character then you'll only ever see the LoS for your token. For the DM they'll need to select the token first if they want to see what that token sees.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If no tokens are selected, LoS is for all owned tokens (or all friendly tokens if Party Movement and Vision option is on).
    Otherwise, just select a token to see what that specific token sees.

The active character does not change when the CT turn changes. The active character has always been controlled by the end user, independent of turn. This seems like it might be a good thing to add, but I'd have to think about the ramifications and prioritize. You can add to the wish list in my sig.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information