DICE PACKS BUNDLE

locking & layering non PC tokens to the map

I have been recently working with non PC static tokens on my maps. (as an example, a Door token which can be rotated when the door is opened or a barricade which can be moved)

I am looking for 2 things:

1) a way to be able to either "lock" a token so the players cant move it but can be unlocked when needed so they can manipulate it as allowed.

2) a way to make it so the static tokens are "beneath" the player tokens (so the PC tokens are easily visible above the static tokens)

An example of this would be a barricade that the players can be moved into place, but when the player or monster token "climbs" it, the player or monster token remains on top (i.e. "visible") and not not simply under the barricade token.

any solutions?

You can't do that with tokens.

In FGU, you would add the doors and barricades as new image layers, which the GM can then rotate/move as needed.

Regards,
    JPG

thank you,

is there a link / youtube that describes how to set up this on the FGU maps?

when i search i just get results on PC token movement locking...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by roanoke13 View Post
    thank you,

is there a link / youtube that describes how to set up this on the FGU maps?

when i search i just get results on PC token movement locking...

thanks!
    See video fourteen here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

It is specifically about spell tokens but it's the same principle. The first part of the video talks about using images but the second part is all about using tokens to do the same thing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information