FG Spreadshirt Swag

Uploaded graphics/artwork for Unity.

Hi. I wasn't sure where to put this question. What's generally the best size file to upload for a map with respects to mgb's? I've been having an issue getting some files in to the game.

Generally, we suggest keeping files under 1MB of size on FGC in order to keep transfer times low; and keep resolution manageable.
    FGU can handled higher resolutions; but you still have to factor in transfer times based on file size.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens View Post
    Hi. I wasn't sure where to put this question. What's generally the best size file to upload for a map with respects to mgb's? I've been having an issue getting some files in to the game.
    Here is the KB article on this from the Fantasy Grounds College: KB article on file sizes

Windrunner

The biggest map I've ever actually USED on FGU was 10,000 x 1,000. It was about 6mb.
    The biggest map I've ever TESTED on FGU (just having players connect and move around) was 5000 x 5000 and was 16mb, but players were just moving around. We had line of sight but didn't do combat, and it took a minute or so for the map to load up. That said, I was doing Lost Mine of Phandelver and we got to Wave Echo Cave, and it might have just been the internet being funny (we were having some weird discord glitches too), but my map had a bunch of water fx, lighting fx, mist fx, etc (3-4 going at once), so not sure if that's what was slowing us down. We had some awful lag with it.

If you use tiles, it's possible you might save space. I have some absolutely ridiculous maps that actually just use a few images (Black Scrolls sewers), and that 16mb castle, I broke into tiles (thanks to repeated areas) and got it down to under 3.

Thread Information