STAR TREK 2d20

Dice Lag FPS Drop Causing Me Aneurysms

For all that is holy, I am reaching my limit with this problem. Does ANYONE know how to fix the extreme FPS drop in regards to dragging and rolling dice on Fantasy Grounds Classic? I've done everything in my power to try to fix this problem and it just seems to me that it is completely random whether it decides to want to work or not.

Things I've tried:

- Setting FGC to run off of my graphics card
    - Disabling Antialiasing
    - Disabling Anisotropic Filtering
    - Disabling/Enabling Cross-Platform Compatibility
    - Reinstalling (MANY TIMES) to same AND different locations, including two different hard disks
    - Restarting Computer (A LOT)
    - Updating Graphics Drivers
    - Uninstalling Graphics Drivers + Wiping Registry/Cache, then Reinstalling Default Drivers
    - Enabling Compatibility Settings
    - Disabling NVIDIA In-Game Overlay
    - Disabling X-Box Game Bar
    - Clearing Campaigns and other folders
    - A bunch of other random crap that I can't even remember

I've LITERALLY gone through every combination of potential solutions that I've found on the website and NONE of them are reliable. The only thing I could NOT do was manually install DirectX 9.

Like, one day, it works fine. I can have my computer on for two weeks straight, load up FGC, and there's no problems.
    Next day, nothing changes, and it's crap.
    Then, after stabbing myself with my monitor's screen and failing to get anything working, a few days passes and it works fine all of a sudden again.

My Computer's Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10
    Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core (16 CPUs) ~3.7 GHz
    Memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Integrated RAMDAC, Full Display Device, 4 GB Display Memory, 16 GB Shared Memory (~20 GB Total Memory)
    Storage: 1 TB HDD (C: Drive) + 1 TB HDD (D: Drive)
    DirectX Version: 12

PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks,
    Sage
    Last edited by Sage of Souls; January 24th, 2021 at 23:32.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like it's probably related to other programs that you are using sometimes while using FGC. See if you can figure it out as to what reproduces the issue.

Likely culprits include; any type of overlay (Steam, OBS, etc), display dlls like for a USB docking port, aero theme in Windows. It might even be dependent upon which order you launch the programs in. i.e. if you launch FGC and then launch program B it works, but if you launch program B and then FGC it causes problems.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's frustrating.

When it does happen, have you looked at Windows Task Manager -> Performance, and seen if there are any spikes in CPU, GPU (both built in and discrete, if you have both), hard disk, etc.. This might at least help to focus in on the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks like we have the exact same problem https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...75-Choppy-dice

And I wonder how did I miss your post before opening mine O.o

Thread Information