FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Key Command Won't Work

I'm running FGU on an apple and one of the key commands for helping me edit content isn't working. I'm manually entering in some races and classes, and I need to have tables in the class info. The key command ctrl+tab isn't working to add a new cell. Ctrl works with other keys for other commands, like copy and paste, and it works to quick command change the kinds of lines of text. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Ctrl+Tab only works on text that is formated as a table, like in a story entry. It's does not do anything if building a rollable table.

That's what I am trying to do. I'm not doing rollable tables, but tables for class levels and the number of spell slots per level. Ctrl+Tab doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Varex Sythe View Post
    That's what I am trying to do. I'm not doing rollable tables, but tables for class levels and the number of spell slots per level. Ctrl+Tab doesn't seem to work.
    Did you right click the text and set the paragraph type to table, before trying to add another column?

I have done that to set the paragraph type to table. I have also use the key command ctrl+6 to achieve the same effect. Neither allow me to use the ctrl+tab command to add another column.

A few more questions then:
    What ruleset are you using?
    Where on the class entry are you trying to put the table(only works on main tab)?
    Have you tried it in a story entry?
    And of course, do you have any extensions running that could be causing the issue?

I'm using 5E ruleset.
    I'm trying to use it on the main tab.
    I have not tried it in a story entry.
    I don't believe I have any extensions running.

I just tried it in a story entry. No luck.

By the way, since I didn't say so earlier, thank you for helping.

It's certainly working in Windows so it must be a mac specific issue. I don't know anything about macs but is there an alternative to the CTRL key on a mac - I seem to remember that the CTRL key works differently on macs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, I certainly did not know that Zacchaeus. Always something else to learn. LOL

Instead, the Macintosh equivalent of the Windows Ctrl key is the ⌘ key, called “command”. The Alt key is called Option. The Alt Gr key could be replaced by a Control key, this is not a Ctrl Key.

Mac Keys.jpg

Because that's not confusing at all.

Thread Information