5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: FG slows down

Quote Originally Posted by Caracalla View Post
    Do you type it in the chat or somewhere else?
    Yes, in chat. It's what's known as a chat slash handler - there are a few different ones available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post551937

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Carl and I have talked about this a fair amount over time. We're not sure that the Unity engine respects the target 60 fps frame rate we set on all systems; or those systems are running at a lower than 60 fps in hardware. We've suspected this for a while; but I was a bit leery of changing a core setting. Carl reached out to pablomaz, and was able to verify that it worked in their scenario. So, we're going to give it a run in the next release build.

So, we're going to switch back to synch FPS to OS display frame rate (depends on OS and monitor) by default. Then, we're going to add a "/vsync [0-4]" command to allow us to adjust this option with users that might still have connection issues, until we're sure we understand completely. (0 = fixed 60 fps, 1 = match OS frame rate, 2 = half OS frame rate, 3 = third OS frame rate, 4 = quarter OS frame rate)

Regards,
    JPG

Please note that your video card driver may override settings (especially /vsync 0). We just had a user on Discord that had selected the Disable Max Framerate option on his video drivers; and was wondering why FGU was running at ~1800 fps when idle. Make sure to specify to the graphics driver / control panel to use the Application Default for all programs, or at least for FGU specifically.

Regards,
    JPG

I was planning to look at the example data this weekend; but I didn't see a link anywhere to download the data in my PM or support tickets.

Can you post on a file share (like Google Drive or DropBox), provide the link, and remind me what map name is affecting?

Thanks,
    JPG

We have found that closing the unused windows/frames especially maps/images inside FGU helps.

Thread Information