FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: FG slows down

So this is not a problem with Fantasy Grounds Classic? I should consider a migration if my players were able to install the classic version.

The biggest problem I face in Pathfinder 1 is slow deletion of dead NPCs from the combat tracker, but FGU is not necessarily optimized yet for speed.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    I got my issues resolved except for the character issue where opening the spell tab causes the whole table to stall out while it loads. In this case it's a cleric with all the spells preloaded. Outside of this everything works much better then before with everything loaded (extensions/mods) with a load time of around 2 minutes, and is much more stable then before by a magnitude of difference.

It does seem to have a memory creep over time though as after five hours of gaming the console was starting to get laggy and the ram usage was approaching 8gb, so more testing is needed. For our next session I will be stripping the cleric of his spells, except what he has prepared, to see how well the performance is.

ChipDancer
    It helps, but the slowdown still exists sadly. That was the first thing I did for the druid in my PF2e game. It is also a giant pain to deal with when players have custom automation effects, so it requires exporting it to the spell tab, sharing it with the player and getting them to remember that is the right one, or a second character sheet... but that just results in the second sheet being laggy (although at least that is only when they prepare spells)

I have 32 GB ram and 16 logical processors. It can't be the computer that brings this dows. Restarting helps but that is quite irritable for five players. I had hoped I could run FGC instead but my players just cant log in to it :/

Blog Entries
    FGU can't use 16 processors. At least not yet. Currently most operations are single threaded. They are working on splitting threads where they can, but the LUA engine doesn't support multi-threading itself so until something is done with LUA there is only so much they can do. Don't give up, performance improvements are something they are always working on.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

thanks for the Prompt reply damned! Sorry for the late reply from me!

I got it figured out after the post made in the FGU tips email that was showing how to "UNSHARE" maps with your party. I guess the 20+ items that were still shared out were causing the slowness, that and i did remove a few extensions I had loading on the module that we ended up not using anymore.

Again thanks for the questions, as it did kind of point me in the right direction as well. (A new game with nothing in it didnt have the issue at all)

Caracalla,

In order for your players to join a FGC hosted game they need to have the FGC demo clients!
    FGU and FGC are NOT compatible in that regard. They both need to have their own clients.

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    In order for your players to join a FGC hosted game they need to have the FGC demo clients!
    FGU and FGC are NOT compatible in that regard. They both need to have their own clients.
    I have tried both and FGC does not work for me. Other players are unable to connect. I just don't have time to trouble shoot this. FGU works the eventual bogging is an issue, but yeah, unshare might be a good thing

My players with less than ideal laptops have had their issue greatly reduced with using the /VSYNC 2 or /VSYNC 3

Reducing GPU overhead with LOS turned on

I’m really scarred I’m going to have ask them to replace their tin as I want to use vision limits when that’s released.

In the chat channel. Type /help for guidance.

Please see : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post552862
    Last edited by EllivasKram; February 5th, 2021 at 09:16. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    My players with less than ideal laptops have had their issue greatly reduced with using the /VSYNC 2 or /VSYNC 3
    Do you type it in the chat or somewhere else?

Thread Information