STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: FG slows down

FG slows down

Hello!
    I ran a session yesterday. It was a fight on an average map, 5 pc vs 10 npc, masking but no LOS. It started ok but after some rounds FG slowed down heavily. Moving tokes became extremely slow, rolling dice did not result in anything and everything became slow slow slow. I restarted FG and things worked better but is was getting slower again as we played on. I am playing Rolemaster with most additions and using FG unity. Is this a common problem? Does things work better in standard FG or with another game?
    Best,

This hasn't been reported as a problem generally; but perhaps something unique to your campaign/scenario/ruleset is causing an issue, or triggering a bug.

Can you provide a copy of your campaign folder zipped up via DropBox link? Also, how many players were connected? Can you also provide a copy of the GM logs when this is happening?

Regards,
    JPG

Moon Wizard I am a frequent visitor to the Forum and I am facing the following problems (with and without extensions) which is the slow loading of the information in the spreadsheets, something that happens only at FGU and another thing I have noticed is that to solve the scrolls of Rolemaster (again with and without extensions) the resolution table takes a long time to open and show the results, I know they are working on improvements and new features for the Unity version, but I would like to know if they are working with the performance issue and if there is a possibility to change | improve the crashes that happen as players connect to the table (this happens even with tables already played before).
    Thanks in advance for the excellent work and commitment of the team!

Yes, I face the same problem.

I have a similar issue ( D&D 5E ) - problem occurs in FGU when there are a lot of NPC's ( 20+ NPC's and 6 Players/PC's ) in the combat tracker and on the map).

Slowness in FGU responding to opening windows, moving NPC's, dice rolling (have seen it as bad as 3 or 4 secs to respond to dice rolling)

As soon as the PC's start killing the NPC's and they are removed from the map, Fantasy Grounds starts to speed up.
    Last edited by ColinBuckler; January 25th, 2021 at 00:57.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

@Caracalla,

I responded via PM, but haven't heard back. The link you PM'd me was shared with a mailing list e-mail only; so I can't access files (as I can't "log in" as the mailing list). Can you please re-share with "Anyone who has link" option?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Caracalla,

I responded via PM, but haven't heard back. The link you PM'd me was shared with a mailing list e-mail only; so I can't access files (as I can't "log in" as the mailing list). Can you please re-share with "Anyone who has link" option?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Hello! What mail address should I share with?
    Best,

You can just share with [email protected]; but make sure that the option is set to Anyone with Link can see.

Regards,
    JPG

Same exact issue, though it happens if there is 1 mob on the map with my 6-8 players. Works fine if I switch back to FGC. So far Unity has been a disappointment to say the least, but I have hopes that the issue is something stupid and simple.

Examples work this best for us to track down issues like this. Since we are not seeing the issue in general play; then usually these issues are tied to something specific to your data (and sometimes to specific hardware). For hardware, there is a /vsync 0-4 command you can use to adjust the refresh rate for lower-end graphics cards/systems.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information