FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    IMO, a better system would be to make those choices drag-n-droppable from a career sheet.
    How you envision such mechanic? Similar to the 5E character wizard with menus or?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I've never played 5e

I was just thinking something simple like this. career sheet.png

Maybe a table to generate starting cash and a link to general talents, but nothing overly complicated.

Sure, you could make the agendas and all that linkable as well, but those are more "use your imagination and create your character" items. My players generally create their own agendas, appearance, etc.
    Last edited by gbhenderson; June 26th, 2021 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    ...Similar to the 5E character wizard with menus or?
    I have played 5e almost to the exclusion of everything else...

And that kind of 'automation' is exactly what I thought "drag'n'drop" choices would do.

Player chooses Roughneck and then each thing that is a choice for the player would pop up on a list with the ability to select each thing. Your selections would THEN appear on your character sheet in the correct location. Simple for the players, less headaches on the GM and probably a major pain to program for you.

But thats what I thought "drag'n'drop" meant.

Did this get sorted out? Not trying to be a "nudge" but...I'd just like to know how I should go about handling this when I get my players going forward. I got no issues doing it all manually but I know these babies I play with. Lets just say, Game MOTHER is a fitting title for this group.

Thanks for your time and I am really digging all the hard work you folks have been putting into this!

The "character wizard" behavior might come later this year, as we are working on Symbaroum refactoring & Forbidden Lands at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The "character wizard" behavior might come later this year, as we are working on Symbaroum refactoring & Forbidden Lands at the moment.
    Sounds great and good to hear, I'll keep any eye open for it. Be safe out there and thanks again!

Will Symbaroum D&D 5e be in the mix? I'm not a fan of the original system but find the setting compelling and backed the 5e Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilAdams View Post
    Will Symbaroum D&D 5e be in the mix? I'm not a fan of the original system but find the setting compelling and backed the 5e Kickstarter.
    It is possible yes. First in the pipeline is the original Symbaroum ruleset update.

That's understandable. Thanks!

It is time for small update for Alien RPG ruleset. We are addressing some bugs and doing minor enhancements that you will check in the release notes when out, but I wanted to share something about a new feature inspired by the 5e:

PC BUILDER!

We are implementing character builder for Alien RPG that will allow very quick and easy creation (not that it is very hard at the moment... ) of Player characters. The PC Builder will have the following features:
    • Ability to load all careers and talents from all loaded modules and custom content from the campaign.
    • Picking a career will automatically mark attributes and skills as key and allow higher than the maximum point allocation
    • Automated tracking of attribute/skill point allocation
    • Automatically add Talents & Equipment from the careers (equipment feature supports only official module careers)
    • Automatically assign Android attributes and race upon CS creation
    • Display the career/talent description while browsing the list

The free-form content which does not require automation, such as description, buddy and etc. won't be done in the Builder, but in the PC Sheet once it is saved and launched automatically for the player. Of course, I can add a tab for that as well, but i don't see value in doing that yet.

Also careers are now drag & drop on PC sheet. for automatic population of career related content - PC Builder
    Some screenshots added .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information