Starfinder Playlist

Designing cliff elevation LOS

I've got a map with a small rise of cliffs, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to design the LOS.

Here's what I thought it might be:
    los2.jpg

As you can see, a figure standing on the "higher" elevation edge can see down into the next one below. Ideally this figure would see the other token and the two trees and flatland beyond the cliff edge, but of course the first terrain boundary the LOS hits blocks that.
    los1.jpg

What's the correct solution here? Is it to "open" the terrain depending on whose turn it is? Or perhaps to wrap some section in wall or other terrain?

Thanks for your feedback.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Right! So it looks like the answer is to "open" the terrain as the figures move "up" it. This doesn't work all that well for parties where vision/movement is not shared, as one PC could move up a hill and opening the terrain toggles it open for all. However, it's such an edge case I'm not going to work too hard on an alternative

Thread Information