DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Great request about LoS enemies.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think the LOS feature is a good idea. I can imagine counterpoints. Like, "I saw it, I ran around the corner and threw a fireball back at it", which would expand around the corner and allow valid targeting. Since that's the exception and not the rule I think it's a good idea. I don't think it would be very difficult to do. I've added it to the roadmap.

I was busy last weekend working on actions: attack, cast, effects and heal. These are working well, but only for 5e. I need to first make sure the rest of the extension plays well with other rulesets, and then see how much of that I can offer to the CoreRPG ruleset. I'll probably have to do custom work for each ruleset, which is unfortunate. I also had follow up damage working, but in a session I played today it wasn't working so I have to see what went wrong.

The actions thing is really great when it works. I programmed Alt-F10 to list available actions, and Alt-1 to Alt-9 to take actions. So as a GM I can very quickly target, scan available actions, and do a selected action. I'm super happy with how it works when it works.

For now I'll try to polish that enough to release a new version. Hopefully this weekend.

I'm getting an error as a player "[2/7/2021 11:51:39 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:276: attempt to index a nil value"
    when targeting for the first time. I had to target manually and then it would work properly.

Also as the GM I'm getting [2/7/2021 12:02:10 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/vam_chatbat.lua"]:103: attempt to index local 'targetToken' (a nil value)
    when using /cb t, though the /cb c works though.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thanks very much Farnaby. I've tested both of these with just CoreRPG and ChatBat, and have reproduced them. I've been digging into the first one, and it is a doozie.

It turns out that only the GM has permission to create the holder for targets in the combat tracker. When you add a new PC that has never had targets that holder doesn't yet exist. When you target with Ctrl-Click it sends an OOB message to the GM, and it gets created there. The way I was doing it - directly by both PCs and GMs works as long as the holder for targets already exists.

I'll set up ChatBat to do something similar and message the GM to create the targeting for the PC. I'm still hoping to get a release out today that would include this, but I also need some prep time for a game I'm running tomorrow.

I still need to dig into the 2nd bug. Thanks again for reporting these Farnaby!

I've fixed both bugs identified by Farnaby and updated the first post with the ext file and updated readme. This release also adds actions, damage and target by radius. Here's my current to-do items:

### Bugs
    - Players who control more than one character can only use ChatBat with the first one. Need to have it support multiple PCs.
    - In ToA, Jaq didn't get +4 to hit or +2 damage with his crossbow. Weird.
    - In ToA, the stacked Bless didn't do anything. Player stacked commands need to be updated to work with OOB messaging.

### Short Term Goals
    - Initiative rolls (all NPC for gm)
    - Don't depend on 5e ruleset
    - Add a way to 'fave' something, so it appears at the top of the actions list
    - Sort the actions list by name
    - Check for actions of unequipped items. Jon reported them in the list.
    - Have stacked commands wait for rolls so damage can be conditional

### Long term ideas
    - Don't target tokens outside of LOS when LOS is enabled (?)
    - Is there a way to include action shortcuts in the /cb a output?
    -- See Shortcuts on https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...996644567/Comm
    - Target based on the last shape drawn (50% within the shape)
    - Add a way to reset the combat tracker after an encounter
    - Undo damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Vam View Post
    - Have stacked commands wait for rolls so damage can be conditional
    Nice update! I like the actions, if you can get it to chain into damage that would be amazing.
    I know the spell automation extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ell-Automation) has stacked actions where it will roll the attack for a weapon and then automatically roll damage if there is a hit. Not sure if that would be of any help to you...

Ooo, thanks for the tip Bishopza. I'm sure having an example will help. Also, the code built into 5e for critical hits. Thanks for that.

Just tried out the new version and it works nicely.
    The radius is good though I think there is also a case for radius without targeting self.
    Perhaps a suggestion for the todo list?

The only thing that doesn't work is /cb a

but that would be because I'm running PF2e.
    (bet I had you worried for a second there. )

Anyway, thanks for the great work!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thread Information