DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Player having problems connecting

One of my players can't seem to connect. I see he 'connects' on my end, then disconnects. He just reinstalled Windows then re-loaded FGU and this started happening. Here is a screenshot of his error log.

Error_Log.jpg

Blog Entries
    Please try to capture both his logs and your logs immediately following a connection attempt. Use the Compile Logs function to capture both sets and attach the zip files here. They will contain a lot more information than a screen shot can.

Usually connection problems are due to security software. If other players can connect via the internet, then it is not the host/GM, but something on the players. Often this is QoS, Flood Protection or similar settings on the player side. i.e. when they connect to you FG tries to send a bunch of data to their computer, some security software detects this as a threat and shuts it down and forces a disconnect.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

He's missing a Microsoft library, or has an incorrect version installed. We try to capture that in our installer, and install the correct version. But, the identification of the library is convoluted, and doesn't always work.

Please have your player install the latest version from the Microsoft web site:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-95f26a218cc0

Make sure they install the 64-bit version; it's called "vc_redist.x64.exe".

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks! He'll try that tomorrow.

Thread Information