FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PFS2: The Fall of Plaguestone

PFS: The Fall of Plaguestone: SAT 13 Feb. @1400 UTC

A group of new adventurers traveling through the village of Etran's Folly—also known as Plaguestone—must come together to solve the murder of a friend.

Depending on the location of players, we can adjust the time accordingly.
    Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character (including the character's level) you'd like to play.
    The first session will include character creation if necessary.

I anticipate weekly sessions of 2-4 hours and a run time of about 2-4 months depending on how much roleplaying is done.

That said, I will encourage roleplaying, thinking outside the box as we do not have a time limit on this adventure.
    This is a chance to create a character concept and try it out.

Pathfinder Adventure: The Fall of Plaguestone can beplayed to gain specific benefits for the Pathfinder SocietyOrganized Play campaign.
    Key Differences from ScenariosPathfinder Adventures are generally larger with longerplay times than scenarios and may take multiple sessionsto complete.
    They do not contain specific faction-relatedelements, nor are they tiered for play by characters over awide range of levels.
    Thematically, most modules do notassume the characters are Pathfinders.
    These adventuresare therefor offered outside of the standard organizedplay environment and can be played with characters whodo not conform to organized play requirements.
    Modules can be of varying lengths, and each offerXP and other awards appropriate to their length andplaytime.

PCs can apply the Chronicle gained for playingPathfinder Adventure: Fall of Plaguestone (includedlater in this document) to any of their legal organizedplay characters,
    granting that character 1 level’s worthof experience (12 XP), 12 Fame, 30 Treasure Bundlesappropriate to a character of that level (applied inbatches of 10 Treasure Bundles at each 4 XP interval),
    and 12 Reputation that can be assigned to any factionfor which the character has the Faction Champion boon.

Technical Details

I will be running Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) and have an ultimate license.
    We will be running on TeamSpeak as a communications platform.
    I will be running Syrinscape for environmental sounds in the background, players do not have to install extra software.

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Hi I am interested, but i may not be eligable to play as i have been a dm on this one in the past. I have sent you a message just to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Hi I am interested, but i may not be eligable to play as i have been a dm on this one in the past. I have sent you a message just to check.
    Yes, shouldn't be a problem.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Good news!
    As I have been reduced to a 4 day working week I can also offer Sundays.

Hello

Can I join?

I have no online dnd/pathfinder experience used to play a lot with pen and paper

Quote Originally Posted by Itamar O View Post
    Hello

Can I join?

I have no online dnd/pathfinder experience used to play a lot with pen and paper
    Yes, I have open slots available.
    Could you please tell me what role-playing experiences you have? Which systems?

As for Fantasy Grounds, well help you get up to speed.
    As I have the ultimate license, you only need the free version.

- Farnaby

Hi

I have played Dnd both in actual pen and paper mostly adventures for level 1-15 (both as a player and a DM) and on PC
    Pathfinder i played only on PC (more tricky but overall similar)

Should i create (or at least try) a character based on 2E or 1E?
    I have enrolled for the standard subscription, not sure how to work with it thanks for the help

Itamar

Ah good, you have experience.
    Well we are playing PF2e which has differs in subtle and not so subtle ways to PF1.
    Here is a good start a playlist with tons of short videos on How it's played: Pathfinder 2.

- Farnaby

Wow!

Thanks i will watch those (better than the core rule book)

Heey =)

Can I join? I have experience with dnd 5e and I'm just starting with PF2e. I got the basics but don't know the game on it's entirely yet.

Pretty excited to play if you have me =)

Thread Information