5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Red X Token Issues on combat maps and tracker

Setting:
    4 players and 1 DM are all using FGU for a 3rd (3-4 hour duration) session game. DM has a purchased Ultimate FGU license. 3 players use demo clients. Impacted player also owns an Ultimate FGU license from kickstarter. Impacted player has had issues in all sessions. Impacted player is a first time "player" in FGU, but has experience with FGC as both player and DM.

Module:
    Not a commercial VTT module/campaign, this was kickstarted and only provided by PDF. Fantasy grounds is being used for character abilty, position, and combat tracking. Robe2e modules for ease of use are also in play. DM is using the generic existing sources (like Monster Manual) for his tokens. Few if any custom token packs are in play here.

Describe the problem:
    Impacted player connects to DM and is unable to reliably load certain enemy combatant tokens. (Pixie, Goblin, and others). Some tokens perfectly.
    3 other players and DM see all tokens as intended. Impacted player sees a ? with a red X.

Troubleshooting Steps taken:
    Verified that this was not a lag or transmission issue. Waiting while connected to this DM alone (no other players) for several hours did not result in the tokens loading.

DM has Gbps internet service symettrical. Impacted player has 400Mbps symettrical. Direct connections between parties through other means work at full speed between player and DM. Other players have inferior internet service (24-50Mbps download only service at best) but they seem to work well in regards to consuming and displaying tokens. No issues have been reported from the 3 players.

Eliminated previously known ISP issues from players side. The description and solution provided here were reviewed https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    Impacted player does have Comcast as an ISP but the router is placed in bridged mode so is only a pass-through. Comcast's typical local device level network security is not applied, nor should it be considered.

After session was complete DM and Impacted player attempted to troubleshoot further.

Internet Connection is hardwired from a router that is connected to an Xfinity modem placed in bridged mode. This is a Gbps connection. This is a desktop computer.

You should refer you to the conversation that took place in the Fantasy Grounds College "ask-the-experts" room starting at 11:37PM on Jan 22. and continuing until Jan 23. 1:33 AM. (all times Eastern).

PLEASE read the Discord conversation. I will copy and paste it later, but there will be some nuance lost.

Review this trouble report as you like. I believe I am able to reproduce this issue as needed cleanly with my friend. We can provide clean and easily reproducible situations and logs from the DM side and player side as requested.

Thanks,

iGmO

[GM] Lou Ciphor was and is critical to fully understanding this I believe

Next time there is a session, gets the /console logs for the DM and the player concerned and upload them to here or email them to [email protected]

I believe that I have given a very good description of the issue to the College channel.

I think you may have glossed over it.

Please re-read and re-state the issue?

Thanks,
    Daniel

The devs will need to see your console logs so that they can see what traffic is passing between the host and client machines.

Before you do so did you try in a new campaign without extensions loaded? Try deleting the player cache before the player rejoins (to do this ask the player to delete the folder with the campaign name on it in the FGData/cache folder.)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I tried just the same with my ownself player with a DM that I do not know and have never interacted previously

I believe that I have provided very specific circumstances so far

Quote Originally Posted by iGmO View Post
    I believe that I have provided very specific circumstances so far
    Nothing has been glossed over. There is a reason the Devs for FantasyGrounds added an option for outputting the log files. So they can pinpoint errors and bugs. So please provide the log files for the sessions when your player has issues connecting, from both the DM and the player concerned.

Please refer to this stickied post on how to report bugs and such - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

Quote Originally Posted by iGmO View Post
    We can provide clean and easily reproducible situations and logs from the DM side and player side as requested.
    Yes please.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information