STAR TREK 2d20

Tracking Critical effects on character sheet

Greetings,

How are other GM's addressing tracking of Critical injuries on the character sheet. Obviously these are not drag & drop effects so I have been dragging from the chat window the injury, effects, and duration, but it seems a bit laborious compared to the rest of the automation. Am I missing something?

Hi Tiderian Prime,
    You are not missing anything at the moment, the character sheet has text box only. The intention is to keep the effects on the PC in the combat tracker until are over. At least I always keep PCs there and use this approach in Savage Wolds and others whether the automation is connected.

But, I realize that not everyone use that, and for Vaesen & Forbidden Lands we have situation where this is not really useful. Especially if you have more than one group or games sharing a campaign.

Therefore, in the next release we will make the frame to accept drag & drop and link the content to the automation as alternative way to apply those effects.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Hi Tiderian Prime,
    You are not missing anything at the moment, the character sheet has text box only. The intention is to keep the effects on the PC in the combat tracker until are over. At least I always keep PCs there and use this approach in Savage Wolds and others whether the automation is connected.

But, I realize that not everyone use that, and for Vaesen & Forbidden Lands we have situation where this is not really useful. Especially if you have more than one group or games sharing a campaign.

Therefore, in the next release we will make the frame to accept drag & drop and link the content to the automation as alternative way to apply those effects.
    Thank you, Valyar,

For now, I have been manually tracking when a player has a Severed leg or some other similar non-numerical condition. The CT only tracks effects that add or subtract dice. I mainly use the character sheet to track any non-listed CT critical injuries.

Good to hear this is a future feature!

We pushed this change to 1.5 thanks to Simpe. This is how it looks - free-text and effects string that stack with CT. More on the patch here.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valyar; January 24th, 2021 at 20:44.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Nice, I am so looking forward to this feature. This is great work, and thank you for all the hard effort!

Thread Information