DICE PACKS BUNDLE

2E Combat Tracker Action Attacks Messed Up

combat tracker 2.JPG

The combat tracker now displays code script and can't be used to make attacks or deal damage! Also, getting permanent pop up descriptions on mouse over in combat tracker. This is sure making play a hassle! Am I doing something wrong, is anyone else having this issue, is it just a glitch in my program? See attachment

I just updated and loaded my game and it is working for me.

You might be having an actual issue (that tooltip definitely looks weird) but the "look" of the combat tracker did just recently change to that text-based format. You should be able to click on [INIT] to roll init, or [ATK(M)] to roll a melee attack, or drag those things to tokens, just like you used to do when those things were styled as buttons rather than text.

Are you saying that doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Rookstone View Post
    combat tracker 2.JPG

The combat tracker now displays code script and can't be used to make attacks or deal damage! Also, getting permanent pop up descriptions on mouse over in combat tracker. This is sure making play a hassle! Am I doing something wrong, is anyone else having this issue, is it just a glitch in my program? See attachment
    It's a graphical bug in FGC but not FGU. I'm guessing you are still using FGC?

Unfortunately it's not something I see Smiteworks fixing in FGC and I cannot fix it. All I could do is disable tooltips in FGC for the CT for everyone and I do not feel that's a good solution.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    You might be having an actual issue (that tooltip definitely looks weird) but the "look" of the combat tracker did just recently change to that text-based format. You should be able to click on [INIT] to roll init, or [ATK(M)] to roll a melee attack, or drag those things to tokens, just like you used to do when those things were styled as buttons rather than text.

Are you saying that doesn't work?
    I can roll initiative but no drag and drop is possible, cant pull out any to hit or damage from combat tracker. Note: we are a good size group of LONG TIME table top players, we have only been using FG for a couple of months and are newbies! We all love the system but are still learning. The drag and drop combat was awesome, now we are struggling! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hope my updates fix it, of course it worked fine before updates.

Well thanks for the fast attention! I'm still at a loss as what to do, FG has been great so far but if I can't figure this out I don't know if we can play with it like this. I guess there are other ways to attack and damage without the combat tracker but it seems like a lot of extra work

Well thanks for the fast attention! I'm still at a loss as what to do, FG has been great so far but if I can't figure this out I don't know if we can play with it like this. I guess there are other ways to attack and damage without the combat tracker but it seems like a lot of extra work
    I missed the part where you were having a NPC that can't roll attacks? Do you run any extensions? If you do, remove all of them and try again (themes are extensions also). I've tested locally today just to make sure I didn't miss anything and npc and pcs attacks (drag/drop or double click) worked for powers and weapons.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

OK, I must be losing my mind! Now it IS letting me drag and drop the hits and damage from the text in the combat tracker. I swear it hadn't been before, perhaps it had something to do with that pop window sticking thing. At any rate, looks like we are back up and running (still don't like this as well as the original format but there you go) THANKS so much for the help folks!

OK, I must be losing my mind! Now it IS letting me drag and drop the hits and damage from the text in the combat tracker. I swear it hadn't been before, perhaps it had something to do with that pop window sticking thing.
    The FGC graphical bug won't stop you from rolling or drag/dropping. It's just graphical/visual issue.
    ---

Thread Information