STAR TREK 2d20

Lunar Calendar Extension - Any advice how to Use?

To my pleasure I realized that bmos has worked on this. It seems to work in PFRPG. I am wondering what are the three moons displayed? Which one is my moon?

Does anyone know how to use this Lunar extension?

Thanks!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    To my pleasure I realized that bmos has worked on this. It seems to work in PFRPG. I am wondering what are the three moons displayed? Which one is my moon?

Does anyone know how to use this Lunar extension?

Thanks!
    Trying to figure out what to place in the Period, Duration and Shift.

moon.jpg

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Opps, LOL I made 8 moons

Thank You!

Sadly I never used that extension, so, I have no idea; you could try to ask in its thread Not sure though how many people are actively using it

I would suggest testing on calendar with months which have always the same count of days. Golarion/Our calendar makes it harder to grasp.

Period is how long it takes to do one whole cycle/lunar month/go from new moon to new moon. Our moon would have 29.5 days here.
    Shift offsets this period by some days.
    It seems that duration is how many days moon stays in some states. It is weird.

Maybe it would be best to give example:
    I have set in my campaign months to always have 36 days. My moon is also 36 period, 0 shift, 1 duration.
    In effect every 1st, 35th and 36th day of month are new moon. From 2nd to 7th there is evening crescent. 8th to 10th is first quarter, ..., 29th-34th are morning crescent. 35th and 36th are new moon as mentioned before.

If I would set offset of 5 days:
    1st-3rd are morning crescent, 4th-6th are new moon, 7th-12th would be evening crescent, 13-15th first quarter... etc.

Setting duration gives me longer full moons but it scales weirdly, so idk how it works.

As for multiple moons - you probably have already discoverer that you can set arbitrary amount of them, and delete unused ones. It is useful for settings with multiple moons.
    Last edited by Corun; January 23rd, 2021 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Sadly I never used that extension, so, I have no idea; you could try to ask in its thread Not sure though how many people are actively using it
    Thank you! Sort of figured it out. Maximum 3 moons. Because I just need one, it dawned on me to remove the other moons. Once I did. I was able to test it.
    Last edited by dellanx; January 23rd, 2021 at 14:59.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Corun View Post
    I would suggest testing on calendar with months which have always the same count of days. Golarion/Our calendar makes it harder to grasp.

Period is how long it takes to do one whole cycle/lunar month/go from new moon to new moon. Our moon would have 29.5 days here.
    Shift offsets this period by some days.
    It seems that duration is how many days moon stays in some states. It is weird.

Maybe it would be best to give example:
    I have set in my campaign months to always have 36 days. My moon is also 36 period, 0 shift, 1 duration.
    In effect every 1st, 35th and 36th day of month are new moon. From 2nd to 7th there is evening crescent. 8th to 10th is first quarter, ..., 29th-34th are morning crescent. 35th and 36th are new moon as mentioned before.

If I would set offset of 5 days:
    1st-3rd are morning crescent, 4th-6th are new moon, 7th-12th would be evening crescent, 13-15th first quarter... etc.

Setting duration gives me longer full moons but it scales weirdly, so idk how it works.

As for multiple moons - you probably have already discoverer that you can set arbitrary amount of them, and delete unused ones. It is useful for settings with multiple moons.
    Awesome! The moon works, set it to Period 29.5, Duration 1, and Shift 2. Not Bad at all. Would be interesting if I can edit the calendar itself though. I mainly want to change month names.

Thank You!

See this thread, browse and test examples, and you should be good to go:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...endar-Tutorial

Thread Information