DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Armor Specialization Effects Automation

Are there any plans to include automation for things like Armor Specialization Effects damage reduction for various damage types? One of my newer players pointed this out tonight as I did not even realize it existed.

For example on page 275 of the Core Rulebook:

Composite: The numerous overlapping pieces of this armor protect you from piercing attacks. You gain resistance to piercing damage equal to 1 + the value of the armor’s potency rune for medium armor, or 2 + the value of the armor’s potency rune for heavy armor.

Maybe I am misreading things, but I read this to say that there is a damage reduction for composite armor of a minimum of 1 to piercing for medium composite armor. Other armor types obviously have other reduction effects.

I have the release 18 ruleset in FGC (we play in FGU) and looked at the current armor entries there but did not see anything that indicated it was there. We ran a few mock combats in FGC (r18) and FGU (current release) and did not notice any sort of damage reduction. I do see that the various armors do have a GROUP entry that is listed under the effects but as I said there does not seem to be any damage reduction happening.

I am currently planning on trying to hand build effects depending on what my players characters are wearing if I can track down the proper wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Are there any plans to include automation for things like Armor Specialization Effects damage reduction for various damage types?
    In release 18 use the [EFFECT item ...] automation. Although won't be able to fully automate the effect for chain as this applies only to critical damage and has a minimum limit.

Note that armor specialization only applies when a PC has a feat or feature that grants the armor specialization benefits. For example, a fighter gets the "Armor Expertise" class feature at 11th level that grants this, and a champion gets this at 7th level - these are the only two ways of allowing the use of armor specialization that I'm aware of in the Core Rules. Also, the armor must have a potency rune on it. Using armor specialization isn't that common.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information