DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Maps for the Halls of Arden Vul

in my spare time...i made quickly this simple map for Sterno, he suggested i share it with everyone.

VTT map made with Dungeondraft with the LOS file...working on how to deal with much bigger maps for the future...

The Zip file is the Dungeondraft file in case anyone wants to make any modifications
    The XML file is for the Line of Sight
    The Jpg file is to be used and abused

Level 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by readymeal; January 21st, 2021 at 10:16.

Done Level 2... cause i just can t be bothered chopping up the map of my last conversion so it can fit into FGC...(true story)

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...L6JQGlt0EhhGkX

i leave whoever is going to use this map to decorate each room...1 square = 10' (use 1 floor tile for 5 foot)

as usual there s a jpg file and its associated xml for LOS special effect...

and the Dungeondraft file to add or modify whatever you want...(Disclaimer: i have no connection whatsoever with that software, it s just the one i use).

Well well well... it s been a while and i needed an excuse/break from converting...so i made a couple of new maps... mostly to keep unruly players from going where it s not yet ready for them

Same link above will let you access Sub level 11 and 15. Once again, this is rough, barely any decoration... but each map has a 100PPI jpg, DD file and XML file for LOS. Enjoy

BTW. these maps are well over the conservative pixel requirement from SW... but there s only one way to find out the breaking point...
    Last edited by readymeal; October 23rd, 2021 at 09:54.

Thanks for the maps, and thank you for NOT putting a grid down.

What is the relationship between level 1 and 2 and sublevels 11 and 15?

Here's the maps I've made so far for Arden Vul.

Includes

• Level 1
    • The top of the Pyramid of Thoth (and stairways beneath it)
    • About 3/4ths of Level 3 (missing the southern cavern)
    • The "Set Temple" area of Level 4
    • The Bast Temple area of Level 8
    • And a friendly dude on reddit made full maps for level 2 and the topside ruins.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...li?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Sterno; August 1st, 2022 at 19:44.

Just a heads up that the publisher didn't want official Arden Vul FG maps made so I'm not certain how they would feel with this. You might wish to ask.

Jason

These aren't official FG maps and aren't even packaged in a .mod file, so I'm not sure what the issue would be. These are just fan-made maps being publicly shared. Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    These are just fan-made maps being publicly shared. Can you elaborate?
    Me personally I don't have an issue but my thought process is that if the publisher had issues with the desire to make official maps they might have issues with fan made maps and more likely (if at all), fan made maps being shared. I have no idea one way or the other but you may be stepping on their IP to their dislike. My opinion is of zero sway one way or the other but a quick email to them may make their opinion on the topic clear. I would hope they have no issue.

Jason

I'm pretty sure I'm legally fine here (people have been sharing fan-made versions of module maps since forever and I've never seen anyone have a problem), and also pretty sure morally fine, not only since their Arden Vul maps are all free, but because if anything this might make more people likely to buy Arden Vul and play it if they see some decent VTT map support. I could see some concern if this had a risk of being confused as an "official" product and they didn't think the quality reflected well on them, but I'm pretty sure no one would mistake the maps in this thread as official.

If they contact me and ask me to take the link down, I will because I respect them, but I'll definitely leave this one as "beg forgiveness" rather than "ask permission" category.
    Last edited by Sterno; August 1st, 2022 at 19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm legally fine here (people have been sharing fan-made versions of module maps since forever and I've never seen anyone have a problem), and also pretty sure morally fine, not only since their Arden Vul maps are all free, but because if anything this might make more people likely to play Arden Vul and play it if they see some decent VTT map support. I could seem some concern if this had a risk of being confused as an "official" product and they didn't think the quality reflected well on them, but I'm pretty sure no one would mistake the maps in this thread as official.

If they contact me and ask me to take the link down, I will because I respect them, but I'll definitely leave this one as "beg forgiveness" rather than "ask permission" category.
    Same here, unless they ask me AND give me a good reason for taking them down... But at the end these are my personal artistic representation which i also give away freely... Plus they are already offering VTT maps as a separate and free package on DM guild. I started recreating them cause the ones they offering have mistakes or even missing rooms.
    Maybe it s old info you got?

Thread Information